July is here! I love long summer days and warm summer evenings. I hope you have a fun long weekend in store. Independence Day has always been one of my very favorite holidays, since it’s an annual family reunion on my mom’s side. Now it’s also the anniversary of my brother’s wakeboarding accident. After a month in the hospital and learning to walk again on a prosthetic leg, he’s doing well. This is my public request to be careful out there, especially on the water.
Last month, I mentioned that my dog Cookie was not doing well. She’s actually doing much better! She has been cycling through some health issues for a while, but she’s in good shape right now. At the moment, she is trying to steal my breakfast. She’s ornery as ever, and her little sister, Clover, keeps her on her toes.
If you’re looking for Fourth of July recipes, here are some of my favorites. The more salads, the better! Browse with pictures here.
- Dips: Mediterranean Tomato and Feta Dip, Pimento Cheese or Strawberry Salsa
- Salads: Favorite Quinoa Salad, Black Bean Salad, Garden-Fresh Corn Salad, Herbed Potato Salad, Layered Panzanella or Watermelon Salad with Herbed Yogurt Sauce
- Main Dishes: Caprese Sandwiches, Favorite Veggie Burgers or Grilled Pizzas
- Desserts: Almond Cake with Berries on Top, Mixed Berry Crisp or Simple Blueberry Cake
- Extras: Classic Mojito, Easy Pineapple Mint Popsicles, or Strawberry Smoothies
Gaby’s Cucumber Salad
Gluten free and vegan
“Made this immediately last night and loved it – my daughter as well! Quick and easy for when you get home from work – served alongside pasta.” – Connie
More avocado recipes »
Continue to the recipe…
The post What to Cook This July & Fourth of July Recipes appeared first on Cookie and Kate.