LEARN HOW TO MAKE A BEAUTIFUL SUSHI BUDDHA BOWL WITH A SESAME DRESSING
LAY HO MA!! If you’ve been following this channel you’ll know that there are two things that bring me so much joy, and that is vegan ramen and vegan sushi. Today, we’re not going to be rolling anything up but making a beautiful buddha bowl that’s sushi style. Join me in this episode and learn how to make an easy tofu sushi bowl with an aromatic and luscious sesame dressing. Let’s begin.
1/2 cup sushi rice
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup carrot (matchsticks)
1/2 cup cucumber (matchsticks)
1 stick green onion
1/4 lb extra firm tofu
1/4 red bell pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp white sesame seeds
1 tbsp black sesame seeds
1/2 cup green leaf lettuce (chopped)
2 tbsp edamame beans
few slices pickled ginger (
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
1 tbsp cane sugar
1/4 cup tahini
1 tbsp black sesame seeds
1. Place the sushi rice into a small saucepan. Rinse and drain a couple of times to get rid of the excess starch. Then, add 1/2 cup water and heat the rice up on medium high heat
2. When the water just starts to bubble, give the rice a good stir to release any rice that is grabbing the bottom of the pan. Then, cover and cook on medium low for 15min
3. Chop the carrot and cucumber into matchsticks. Thinly slice the radish. Finely chop the green onion
4. Pat dry the tofu and slice into strips
5. Finely slice the red bell pepper
6. After 15min, turn the heat off and let the rice steam further for another 10min
7. Heat up a non stick pan to medium heat. Add the olive oil and sear the tofu for 1-2min on each side. Season the tofu with salt and pepper. Set the tofu aside when done
8. Add a pinch of salt, the rice vinegar, white sesame seeds, and black sesame seeds to the rice. Give it a mix
9. Plate the rice and let it cool for 5-10min
10. Add on the lettuce, carrots, cucumbers, red bell pepper, tofu, radishes, green onion, and edamame beans. Thinly slice the pickled ginger and add to the bowl.
11. Carefully peel half of an (just ripe) avocado. Thinly slice it width wise using the tip of the knife (will help prevent it from stick to the blade). Shape the avocado into a rose and add to the bowl
12. Make the dressing by combining the dressing ingredients in a small mason jar and shake until emulsified
13. Pour over the dressing and serve
ORDER YOUR SIGNED VEGAN RAMEN COOKBOOK + GET YOUR FREE E-BOOK + TAKE YOUR VEGAN SUSHI MASTERCLASS HERE:
If you enjoyed this episode and would love to see more, remember to like, comment, and subscribe so that you won’t miss a single episode!
Hong Kong born Canadian, Wil Yeung is an international photographer, filmmaker, entrepreneur, violinist, and YouTube chef. He immigrated to Canada when he was a young boy carrying with him his ability to speak Cantonese and some broken English. Much of his culinary aspirations stem from his background in the visual and musical art spaces. Whether you’re plant based or plant based curious, Wil believes that learning how to make food can really change your life and of those around you.
STAY IN THE LOOP ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
Wil’s Recipes on Instagram: @mr_wilyeung
Wil’s Recipes on Facebook: fb.me/mrwilyeung
Wil’s Photography + Video on Instagram: @wyphotography.com
Wil’s Photography + Video on Facebook: wyphotography
You are watching:
I literally just got done eating the Chow Mein recipe he posted a week ago. So good and super easy.
My wife and I watched this one and I am making it for dinner. We had everything needed to put it together. I said it many times before and I’ll say it again, Order his cookbook, take the masterclass and support his channel…vegan or not!
This looks so delicious I want to eat it now. 🙏🏻❤️
My mouth is watering
Thanks for sharing ☺️
Beautiful , clean food, with no cruelty involved. Perfect x
For diet purpose, can I use something in place of the cane sugar?
Beautiful display, nice background music. Probably very taste
Excellent! The dressing is absolutely delicious 😋.
What is tahini?
That sushi bowl looks delicious! 🤤 The avocado flower is beautiful!
Shall be preferred by Buddha.
Is that a nickel free pot I might have the same one lol
Thank you! This will be in my lunch rotation next week!
Have to try making that dish. Looks so great and it's healthy too. Thanks for all your videos!!
Thank you Wil for all those super delicious recipes! Your recipes did really inspire me to eat much healthier.
I‘ve added a bit of water and maple syrup, i guess my tahini was too thick and strong in flavour. Greetings from Germany!
Just ran into you because I have been looking for veggetarian and veggan cooking, you make the food look amazing!!! Thx for sharing
That looks stunning! I like to bake seasoned tofu for use during the week, this looks like a great recipe to put together from pre prepped items and I can’t wait to try that sauce!
Tho this video posted a year ago, if you see new comments, can you post the name of the musical piece that played during this time? It was a beautiful concert! So, Wil, was this a personal piece of music – with you playing the violin?
I made this today for my husband and myself. We loved it. It certainly has given me confidence. Thank you sir.
wow!! what a beautiful dish … bravo! 💙
WOW! That was fantastic!
Great job making the food.
Wow. Just cooked this recipe, beautiful plate, flavors well integrated, the crunchiness of the raw vegetables incredible. And the dressing, wow, wow. All this place this Buddha Bowl into next level. Thanks!!!
Gorgeous! That dressing looks so delicious 😋💚
Thank you sooooo much for sharing, I love it.
Wow that is breathtaking. I can't wait to try this one.
It does look amazing !
So envious of your awesome knife skills…and you elegant way with food ! 🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
I made this one it was so 😋 tasty. Thank you 😊. I couldn't make the avocado flower though
Loved the recipe and especially loved the music !!
This is a Buddha bowl at best
..how is this in any way a sushi bowl?
I had no appetite until I watched this video now I want to eat it twice over, a visually stunning feast for the eyes and tummy as always