The name may sound contrary but this dairy and oil free recipe tastes exquisite and so much like a regular Shahi Paneer. It is definitely a must try!
VEGAN SHAHI PANEER
2 medium onions
200 grams tofu (soy paneer)
¼ cup melon seeds (magaz), soaked and drained
2 tbsps poppy seeds (khas khas), soaked and drained
1 cup cashew yogurt
½ tsp garam masala powder
½ tsp red chilli powder
1 tbsp cashew butter
2 tbsps chopped fresh coriander leaves
1. Grate onions on a plate and set aside. Cut tofu into 1 inch cubes and set aside.
2. Blend together soaked melon seeds and soaked poppy seeds along with ¼ cup water to a smooth paste.
3. Heat a pan, add the grated onion and sauté till it turns translucent. Add the prepared paste and mix well. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
4. Pour cashew yogurt and mix well. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Add garam masala powder and red chilli powder and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Pour 1 cup water and stir till well combined. Add cashew butter and mix till well combined. Add the tofu pieces and mix.
6. Add 1 cup water and mix, cook for 1-2 minutes. Add chopped coriander and mix. Take the pan off the heat.
7. Transfer into a serving bowl, garnish with coriander sprig and serve hot.
For more information visit –
Click to Subscribe:
For more recipes :
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on :