LEARN HOW TO MAKE AN EASY KIMCHI JJIGAE (KOREAN SPICY TOFU STEW)
LAY HO MA!! This is one of those super comforting dishes that is delicious plus easy to make. Serve this along with some fresh steamed rice and you’re good to go! Join me in this episode and learn how to make a Korean spicy tofu stew or Kimchi Jjigae! Let’s begin!
1/2 lb extra firm tofu
1 red onion
3 sticks green onion
drizzle of olive oil
1 tbsp gochugaru (Korean pepper powder)
2 cups kimchi along with its juices (
2 tbsp soy sauce
4 cups unsalted veggie stock
drizzle of toasted sesame oil
pink salt for extra seasoning
1 tsp white sesame seeds
1. Slice the extra firm tofu into thick slices. Roughly slice the red onion
2. Chop the green onion into batons saving some of the green parts for garnish
3. Heat up a medium stock pot on medium heat. Drizzle in some olive oil
4. Add the red onion and the gochugaru. Sauté for a couple of minutes
5. Add the kimchi along with its juices. Then, add in the green onion, soy sauce, veggie stock, and tofu. Add a drizzle of toasted sesame oil
6. Turn up the heat to bring to a boil, then simmer on medium for 15min
7. Taste and season with some pink salt if needed
8. Plate and garnish with the white sesame seeds and fresh chopped green onion
ORDER YOUR SIGNED VEGAN RAMEN COOKBOOK + FREE E-BOOK HERE:
If you enjoyed this episode and would love to see more, remember to like, comment, and subscribe so that you won’t miss a single episode!
Hong Kong born Canadian, Wil Yeung is an international photographer, filmmaker, entrepreneur, violinist, and YouTube chef. He immigrated to Canada when he was a young boy carrying with him his ability to speak Cantonese and some broken English. Much of his culinary aspirations stem from his background in the visual and musical art spaces. Whether you’re plant based or plant based curious, Wil believes that learning how to make food can really change your life and of those around you.
STAY IN THE LOOP ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
Wil’s Recipes on Instagram: @mr_wilyeung
Wil’s Recipes on Facebook: fb.me/mrwilyeung
Wil’s Photography + Video on Instagram: @wyphotography.com
Wil’s Photography + Video on Facebook: wyphotography
You are watching: