Try this simple kale recipe idea. Carrots, chickpeas and almonds roasted with kale and dressed in olive oil and red wine vinegar.
1 Tin of chickpeas
1 Bulb of garlic
A Handful of Blanched Almonds
1 Tbsp of Red Wine Vinegar
2 Tbsp Olive oil
Salt & pepper
1. Take a whole bulb of garlic, slice off the top and drizzle with a small amount of olive oil. Wrap in foil, place on a baking tray and roast at 200c for 30 mins. Remove and allow to cool then squeeze the the cloves into a bowl and set aside. You can roast the garlic at the same time as the step below.
2. Slice the carrots and place in a baking tray, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast at 200c for half an hour or until they start to turn golden.
3. Remove from oven and mix in a tin of drained chickpeas and roast for a further 10 minutes.
4. Remove the stalks from the kale, give a quick massage to soften, then chop into strips and add to the carrots and chickpeas. Add a handful of blanched almonds, 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar and an additional tablespoon of olive oil and roast for a final 10 minutes or until the kale has softened and started to brown.
5. Remove from the oven and add the roasted garlic and additional seasoning if required.
Green & Great is a healthy food channel for lovers of vegan and plant-based recipes. We’ll be posting all kinds of video recipes for fans of simple vegan food. From plant-based breakfast ideas to quick lunches as well as easy Vegan dinners and everywhere in-between. Please give these recipes a try and join us on a journey to a healthier and happy life. Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. Also, don’t forget to like & subscribe to this channel for exclusive content.
Follow us here:
Have a look at some of our other recipes…
Easy Plant Based Food Recipe Ideas:
Gluten Free Pasta Recipe Idea – Plant Based Tagliatelle With Brocolli And Almonds:
Plant Based Stir Fry Recipe Idea – Beyond Meat With Thai Basil And Garlic:
Plant Based Caesar – Gluten Free Salad Recipe Idea:
Plant Based Ragu Recipe Idea – Beyond Meat Pasta
Check out these other vegan kale recipe ideas:
Kale Salad with Creamy Tahini Dressing:
Cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, avocado, sunflower seeds. Dressing: Tahini, lemon juice, garlic, water, salt, and pepper.
Kale and White Bean Soup:
White beans, carrots, celery, onion, vegetable broth, garlic, thyme, rosemary.
Kale and Mushroom Stir-Fry:
Mushrooms, bell peppers, tofu (optional), soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sesame oil.
Kale Pesto Pasta:
Basil, pine nuts, garlic, nutritional yeast, olive oil, lemon juice, pasta.
Crispy Kale Chips:
Olive oil, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper.
Kale and Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers:
Quinoa, bell peppers, onion, garlic, canned tomatoes, spices.
Frozen berries, almond milk, chia seeds, nut butter.
Kale and Lentil Curry:
Red lentils, coconut milk, curry spices, onion, garlic, tomato.