The most delicious recipe for vegan “chicken” noodle soup! Thank goodness for faux meats, they’ve come such a long way. Now we can enjoy this delicious classic soup. Perfect to warm up on a cold day or soothe your throat when you’re sick. You can use chickpeas instead of chick’n if you’d prefer.
Get the printable recipe, substitution suggestions, and tips:
– ¼ cup olive oil
– 1 medium yellow onion – chopped
– 4 medium carrots – sliced
– 2 stalks celery – chopped
– 4 cloves garlic – minced
– 8 cups water
– 3 cubes vegan “chicken” bouillon – 3 teaspoons if using paste
– 2 bay leaves
– ½ teaspoon pepper
– salt – to taste
– 8 ounces noodles
– 13.5 ounces vegan chicken – shredded or chopped (about 2½ cups)
– ¼ cup fresh parsley – chopped
– In a large soup pot, heat oil on medium heat. Add in the carrots, celery, and onion. Saute until carrots are tender, about 5 minutes.
– Mix in the garlic and cook for another minute.
– Add in the water, bouillon, bay leaves, pepper, and salt. Bring to a simmer on medium-high.
– Add in the noodles and chicken. Cook until noodles are al dente (this will depend on the type of noodle you choose – check the package for cooking time.)
– Remove from heat. Stir in fresh parsley. Serve warm.
looks so good!! how many does it serve ?
made this yesterday and making ti again today. great recipe.
Looks tasty! When will the day come you just call it what it is… seriously if you don't want to eat chicken then why would you ever want to call it chicken… a world of other options… misrepresenting an animals life that made the ultimate sacrifice.. and people use the name to create hype or popularity..isn't working here… Reason? Please? Is it because calling this recipe vegetable soup isn't appealing enough… or what excuse is it. Honor the life of the bird. Maybe people will figure out that lying about what it actually is makes it even less appealing…