Check out one of our favorite Ideal Protein salad recipes for Turmeric & Ginger Pickled Cauliflower!
For pickling liquid
-2 cups white vinegar
-1 1/2 cups water
-4 large peeled, smashed garlic cloves
-1½ tablespoons pickling or Kosher salt
-1 Tablespoon stevia (optional)
-4 2-inch pieces of peeled ginger root slice thinly
-One – 2 teaspoons of powdered turmeric
-1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
-1 Medium cauliflower
1. Place vinegar, water, garlic, salt and stevia in a large saucepan, and bring to a boil.
2. Stir well, so salt and stevia completely dissolve. Turn off heat and let mixture sit until it cools to room temperature. Remove garlic cloves.
3. While pickling liquid is cooling, slice ginger into thin slices
4. Place the ginger, turmeric, red pepper flakes and cauliflower in a sterilized one quart jar or several smaller ones
5. Divide the cauliflower into florets and sprinkle with salt and let drain in a colander for 10 minutes.
6. Rinse the cauliflower with cold water and pat dry (this helps keep them crisp)
7. Place cauliflower in the prepared jar and pour pickling liquid over so that everything is submerged. Cover.
8. Let sit in refrigerator for at least 3 days for flavor to develop. The flavors will get better the longer it sits. Occasionally shake the jar to distribute flavors.
9. Store in a covered container in refrigerator for up to 6 weeks.
On your Ideal Protein Phase 1 and all phases, this is great to add to your salads! Don’t forget to count it as part of your 2 cups of select vegetables.
For more Ideal Protein salad recipes, visit https://idealbodychiropractic.com/ideal-protein-weight-loss-method/ideal-protein-recipes/.