The tenderness of fresh toovar mixes with spices and becomes a wonderful spread on breads.
TOOVAR DANA TOAST
1½ cups fresh pigeon peas (toovar dana)
4 white bread slices
1 tsp cumin seeds
1½ tsps chopped ginger
3-4 garlic cloves
2 green chillies, chopped
¼ tsp garam masala powder
A pinch of turmeric powder
Salt to taste
½ tsp sugar
1 small onion, chopped
2-3 tbsps chopped fresh coriander leaves
Butter for cooking
Black sesame seeds to sprinkle
Tomato ketchup for serving
1. Transfer toovar dana in a grinder jar. Add cumin seeds, ginger, garlic, green chillies, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, salt, sugar, 2-3 tbsps water and grind to a coarse paste.
2. Transfer in a bowl. Add onion, coriander and mix well.
3. Place the bread slices on worktop and apply the toovar dana mixture evenly.
4. Heat a non-stick tawa. Add butter and once it melts, place the bread slices.
5. Sprinkle black sesame seeds and cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
6. Flip, add some more butter and cook on other side for 3-4 minutes.
7. Cut into triangles and serve hot with tomato ketchup.
Click to Subscribe:
For more recipes :
Get Certified on Sanjeev Kapoor Academy :
To get recipes on your Google or Alexa devices, click here :
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on :
#SanjeevKapoor #toovardanatoast #healthytoast #toastrecipe #easytoast
sanjeev kapoor sanjeev kapoor recipe sanjeev kapoor recipes khana khazana chef sanjeev kapoor khana khazana recipes masterchef sanjeev kapoor indian recipes master chef indian food recipes toovar dana toast tuvar dana toast tuvar dana tuvar dana recipe tuvar dana ki recipe healthy toast healthy toast recipe tuvar ka dana fresh tuvar dana fresh tuvar winter ingredient winter recipes toovar dana ki recipe lilva tuvar तूवर दाना टोस्ट