Tomato, Mushroom and Spinach Pizza, whole wheat pizza bases and a range of exciting but low calorie toppings to create this colourful pizza.
Recipe Link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Tomato-Mushroom-and-Spinach-Pizza-22281r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/
Tomato, Mushroom and Spinach Pizza
An innovative and healthy snack that is well worth the extra trouble! use whole wheat pizza bases and a range of exciting but low calorie toppings to create this colourful pizza. Remember not to indulge in it too often, however tempting it may look and taste! make it a occasional treat.
Preparation Time: 25 minutes.
Cooking Time: 7 minutes.
Baking temperature: 200°C (400°F).
Baking Time: 35 to 40 minutes.
Makes 2 pizzas (8 wedges).
2 whole wheat pizza base
4 tbsp grated mozzarella cheese
For the pizza sauce
2 tsp olive oil
2 bayleaves (tejpatta)
6 black peppercorns (kalimirch)
1 tsp chopped garlic (lehsun)
¼ cup finely chopped onions
½ tsp dried oregano
½ cup finely chopped capsicum
¼ cup blanched and finely chopped tomatoes
¼ cup fresh tomato pulp
Salt to taste
¼ tsp sugar
For the topping
6 tomato slices
2 tbsp chopped capsicum
2 tbsp blanched and chopped spinach (palak)
3 tbsp blanched and sliced mushrooms (khumbh)
6 sun-dried tomatoes, soaked and drained
1 tbsp chopped black olives
1 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
For the pizza sauce
1. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the bayleaves and peppercorns and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
2. Add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
3. Add the oregano and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for another minute.
4. Add the tomatoes, tomato pulp, salt and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
6. Remove from the flame and discard the bayleaves and peppercorns.
7. Divide the sauce into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
How to proceed
1. Place a pizza base on a flat, dry surface and spread 1 portion of the pizza sauce over it.
2. Arrange 3 tomato slices, sprinkle 1 tbsp of capsicum, 1 tbsp of spinach, 1½ tbsp mushrooms, 3 sun-dried tomatoes, ½ tbsp black olives and ½ tsp of garlic evenly over it.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make 1 more pizza and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (400°F) for 15 to 20 minutes or till the pizza base is crisp.
4. Cut into 4 equal wedges and serve immediately.
Nutritive value per wedge
Energy: 129 calories
Protein: 4.8 gm
Carbohydrates: 21.0 gm
Fat: 2.9 gm
Vitamin A: 388.5 mcg
Vitamin C: 20.5 mg
Fibre: 0.9 gm