The world’s best apple pie without sugar.
Subscribe to my youtube channel for more recipes:
Custard cream Apple Pie:
Apple Upside Down Cake:
Sugar-Free Apple Donuts:
How to make the tastiest sugar-free apple pie?
For 6 servings
• 2 ½ cups flour (320 g)
• 1 teaspoon salt
• ¾ cup butter(170 g)
• 8 tablespoons ice water, or as needed
• 2 ½ lb. granny smith apple, cored, sliced, peeled (1 kg)
• ¾ cup sugar (150 g) or sweetener (the equivalent of 150 g sugar)
• 2 tablespoons flour
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• ½ lemon
• 1 egg, beaten
P.S.: Do not use 150 g of sweetener; it can be some times sweeter than the sugar. If you use sweetener make sure you put the right quantity of sweetener to avoid being very sweet.
1. In a medium-sized bowl, mix the flour, salt, cubed butter and break up into flour with a fork. Gradually add the ice water and continue to mix until the dough starts to come together. You may not need all of the water, but if the dough is too dry then add more. The dough should not be very tacky or sticky.
2. Work the dough together with your hands into a ball and cover with cling wrap. Refrigerate.
3. Peel the apples, then core and slice.
4. In a bowl, add the sliced apples, sweetener or sugar, cinnamon, and juice from the lemon. Mix until combined and caramelize for 10-15 min.
5. Preheat the oven to 375°F (200°C).
6. On a floured surface, cut the pie dough in half.
7. Roll the dough around the rolling pin and unroll onto a pie dish making sure the dough reaches all edges.
8. Pour in apple filling mixture and pat down.
9. Repeat the same rolling process. Use a knife to cut the dough into strips of about ½-inch width.
10. Trim the extra dough from the edges. Make sure edges are sealed together.
11. Brush the pie with the beaten egg.
12. Bake pie for 50-60 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
13. Allow cooling completely before slicing.