This sugar-free apple pie is so delicious and easy to make. This apple pie has a flaky crust and a tender apple filling. You need to try it! It really melts in the mouth!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel:
Like and share!
Custard Cream Apple Pie:
Apple Meringue Pie:
Puff Pastry Apple Pie Tarts:
Sugar-free Apple Donuts:
For 6 servings
3 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons ice water, or as needed
1.3 kg golden delicious apple, cored, sliced, peeled
stevia (the equivalent of 180 g sugar)
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 egg yolk
1 tbsp milk
P.S.: If you use sweetener make sure you put the right quantity of sweetener to avoid being very sweet.
1. In a medium-sized bowl, mix the flour and salt with a fork. Add the cubed butter and break it up into flour with a fork. Form the crumbs with a fork or with your hand. Gradually add the ice water and continue to mix until the dough starts to come together. You may not need all of the water, but if the dough is too dry then add more. The dough should not be very tacky or sticky.
2. Work the dough together with your hands into a ball. Cut the pie into 2 parts, and cover with cling wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Peel the apples, then core and slice.
4. In a bowl, add the sliced apples, stevia or sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice. Mix until combined. Add the butter to the pan, add the apple filling and caramelize for 5 min.
5. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
6. On a floured surface roll the dough.
7. Roll the dough around the rolling pin and unroll onto a pie dish making sure the dough reaches all edges. Cut the excess dough. Put in the fridge for 30 minutes
8. Pour in apple filling mixture and pat down.
9. Repeat the same rolling process. Use a knife to cut the dough into strips of about ½-inch width.
10. Arrange rows of strips across the top of your pie. Fold over every other strip halfway up and place another strip of pastry across. Unfold the strips then fold over the other strips. Repeat this process until the latex is complete.
11. Trim the extra dough from the edges. Make sure edges are sealed together.
12. Brush the pie with the beaten egg and milk.
13. Bake pie for 45 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
14. Allow cooling completely before slicing.
15. Bon Appetit!