This may hands down be the best egg salad recipe of all time and is jam-packed with onion, celery, garlic, pickles, and mayonnaise on toasted bread. You will be blown away at just how good this is.
Egg salad is a simple bound salad consisting of diced hard-boiled eggs with mayonnaise, seasonings, and vegetables. It is incredibly simple to make and a great recipe to use if you have a lot of leftover hard-boiled eggs.
Egg Salad has been around since the late 19th century and was adapted early on with the use of mayonnaise, transitioning from butter. They became popular throughout the United States because it was easy to make with always in-season ingredients, and it was high in protein and low in carbohydrates.
There is nothing overly fancy about the egg salad but can be customized to your liking and your budget.
PRINT OFF THIS RECIPE AT:
Ingredients for this recipe:
• 12 hard-boiled eggs
• ½ cup small diced red onion
• 2 small diced ribs of celery
• 2 finely minced garlic cloves
• 2 small diced dill pickles
• 1 tablespoon roughly minced capers
• 1/3 cup mayonnaise
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
• 1 ½ tablespoon minced fresh dill
• Salt and pepper to taste