This is a typical basic Japanese potato salad which everyone likes ?It is usually made with mashed potatoes and colorful vegetables.
Neatly preparing each ingredient is the key to make delicious potato salad. Take time and enjoy!!!
Japanese Potato Salad
Number of servings: 4
300g (10.5oz.) potato
50g (1.8oz.) carrot
50g (1.8oz.) onion
50g (1.8oz.) cucumber
2 slices of cooked ham
1/2 cup whole kernel corn (canned)
4 tbsp. mayonnaise
1/2 tbsp. vinegar (rice or grain)
salt and pepper
1. Slice the onion, sprinkle with a bit of salt, and leave for 2~3 minutes until limp. Wash and drain well. Use a paper towel to squeeze out any excess water. *This removes the bitter taste and strong smell of the onion.
2. Slice the cucumber into thin rounds (you can use a vegetable slicer if you have). Sprinkle with a bit of salt. When they become limp, drain well and gently squeeze with a paper towel. *Removing excess water from the cucumber will keep the salad from becoming wet.
3. Cut sliced ham into 1/2 inch (1cm) square pieces. Slice the potato into 1/2 inch (1cm) half rounds. Place the potato slices in a pot, lightly wash (to remove extra starch), add water until covered, add 1/2 tsp. of salt, and put on high heat. When it becomes to a boil, turn down to medium and cook for about 12 minutes. 4. Check the potatoes with a skewer. When they are done, drain well, transfer to a bowl and mash with a fork while they are still hot. Season with 1/2 tbsp. of vinegar, salt and pepper. *The seasonings will make the potato tasty.
5. Slice the carrot into 0.1 inch (3mm) quarter rounds. Boil for 3 minutes and drain well.
6. When the potatoes and carrots are cool enough, combine all the ingredients in one bowl and season with 4 tbsp. of mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
♪ Tell Me Why by Sayulee
Follow me on social media. If you have recreated any of my food, you can share some pictures #ochikeron. I am always happy to see them.
♥FOLLOW ME HERE♥
Tweets by ochikeron
♥My COOKBOOK available on Amazon Kindle♥
NO MORE hard copies… those who got one are lucky!
♥More Written Recipes are on my BLOG♥
♥My Recipe Posts in Japanese♥
Tweets by alohaforever
♥and of course PLEASE SUBSCRIBE♥