Glass noodles mixed with salad vegetables and lemon grass flavoured dressing
THAI STYLE NOODLE SALAD
200 gms glass noodles
4-5 spring onion with greens
1 medium light green unpeeled cucumber
1 medium green capsicum
1 medium carrot, grated
4-5 fresh mint leaves + a sprig for garnishing
4-5 fresh coriander sprigs
1 lemon grass stem
5 fresh red chillies
1 tsp grated ginger
Salt to taste
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsps honey
1. Boil 2 cups water in a deep non-stick pan.
2. Cut spring onions with greens into diamond shaped pieces and put into a bowl. Quarter cucumber vertically, remove the seeds and cut again into long thin strips. Put this into the same bowl and mix well.
3. Put glass noodles in the boiling water, switch off the heat and let it remain for a couple of minutes. Drain and put into a bowl of 1 cup cold water and separate its layers gently.
4. Cut capsicum into long thin strips and mix with cucumber and spring onions. Add carrot and mix well.
5. For dressing, finely chop lemon grass and put into a bowl. Finely chop red chillies and add to the same bowl. Add ginger, salt, lemon juice and honey and mix well.
6. Add the dressing, reserving some, to the bowl of vegetables and mix well. Drain the noodles and add to the bowl and mix well.
7. Finely chop mint leaves and coriander sprigs and add to the bowl. Drizzle the reserved dressing and mix well.
8. Transfer onto a serving plate and serve garnished with a sprig of mint.
Click to Subscribe:
For more recipes :
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on :