Hey everyone! Today Crystal and I make stuffed butternut squash and a super easy vegan gravy to go along with it! They are both the perfect dishes for your next holiday dinner! Let me know what you think in the comments below. Enjoy and happy holidays!
Stuffed butternut squash recipe
1 large butternut squash
1/4 cup pecans
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
1/4 onion, chopped
3 stalks of celery, chopped
1 large carrot, chopped
1 medium apple, chopped
1 tbsp chopped rosemary
1/2 tsp sage
2 tsp thyme
1 tsp savory
1/2 cup TVP (textured vegetable protein)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup water
1 cup cooked wild rice
1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped if large
1/4-1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
1. Cut squash lengthwise, remove seeds, and bake at 375F for 45-60 minutes or until the squash is soft.
2. In a dry pan, roast pecans on medium heat until they have darkened in colour. Remove from pan and set aside
3. In a large frying pan, saute garlic, onion, celery, carrot, and apple in oil over medium heat until soft and onions are translucent.
4. Add the rosemary, sage, thyme, and savory to the pan and mix together.
5. Prepare TVP but adding TVP, garlic power, onion powder, black pepper, and water to a small bowl. Mix and wait a couple minutes before adding to the saute.
6. Add 1 cup of wild rice to the saute and mix well for a few minutes until heated through.
7. Remove saute from heat and add chopped pecans, dried cranberries, and salt. Mix and set aside.
8. Hollow out squash leaving 1-1.5″ of flesh inside and pour saute mixture into one half of the squash. You may need to use you hands! Place the other half of the squash on top and tie with butchers twine.
9. Bake for 25 mins at 375F. Serve hot!
1/4 onion, chopped
2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tbsp oil
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp rosemary
1/2 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp tamari (or soy sauce)
2 cups vegetable broth
1. On medium high heat in a small pot, saute onion and garlic until soft in oil.
2. Add 1/4 cup of flour, mix well. This will create a very dry roux.
3. Add a small amount of vegetable broth until the flour forms a thick paste. Stir well.
4. Add rosemary, thyme, black pepper, and tamari and mix well.
5. Add vegetable broth and mix well using a whisk. It will take 1-2 minutes of stirring for the flour to dissolve.
6. Bring gravy to a boil, stirring often until it thickens to a nice consistency (about 3-5 minutes).
7. Remove from heat, let cool for a couple of minutes and then add gravy to a blender and blend until smooth! Serve hot (this gravy can be prepared ahead of time and reheated!).
Other Holiday Recipe Videos:
Easy vegan side dishes:
MY VEGAN RECIPE EBOOK🍍
FREE EASY VEGAN MEAL PLANNER📝
SIMNETT NUTRITION MERCH👕
VIVO LIFE PROTEIN POWDER (DEREK10 for 10% off – new customers!)
USE MY VIVO AFFILIATE LINKS BELOW TO SUPPORT ME
• INSTAGRAM (DEREK):
• INSTAGRAM (CRYSTAL):
• CRYSTAL’S CHANNEL:
HERE ARE THINGS I USE & LOVE (CAMERA, FITNESS & KITCHEN GEAR, SUPPLEMENTS):
#christmasrecipe #vegan #cooking