The competition may be hotting up between the contestants but these GBBO-inspired warming Apple Pie Parcels have already won our vote…
Want to take part in our #SplendaBakeOff and be in with a chance of winning £200 in Amazon vouchers plus Splenda products?
For more details on how to enter, head over to our Instagram Profile (www.instagram.com/splenda_eu) or Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/SplendaEurope).
4 sharp eating apples (like Granny Smith or Pink Lady) 1 1/2 tbsp Splenda Granulated
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 sheet pre-rolled puff pastry
1 Egg, beaten, (for an egg wash)
Baking tray Baking parchment Pastry brush
● Peel and dice apples.
● Place the apples and Splenda in a pan over medium-high heat. Add a splash of
water and the cinnamon and continue to stir until the apple pieces are tender (about
● Leave the apple mixture to cool.
● Preheat the oven to 180°C fan / gas mark 6. Line a baking tray with baking
● Once the apple mixture is cold, Unroll the dough from the packet until flat and then
cut it into 6 equal pieces.
● Spoon the apple mixture onto each piece, sharing it equally between the 6 pieces of
pastry. Brush a little of the egg wash around the edges of the pastry pieces.
● Fold each piece of pastry in half, creating a rectangle shape. Using a fork, press
down the sides to seal the filling in.
● Brush the egg wash over the top of each pie then place them on a baking sheet.
Using a knife, make slits in each pie.
● Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
#gbbo #bakeoff #greatbritishbakeoff #splenda #diabetes #recipes #sugarsubstitute #bakeoff #noelfielding #mattlucas #splendayellow #baking #applepie #cooking #instructions