LEARN HOW TO MAKE A VEGAN SPICY CHINESE BRAISED EGGPLANT RECIPE
LAY HO MA!! This eggplant dish is incredibly packed with flavour and reminds me of my childhood. I used to eat this often at the dinner table with a bowl of white fluffy rice. Join me in this episode and learn how to make a vegan Chinese spicy braised eggplant recipe with ease! Let’s begin.
1 large Italian eggplant (or ideally 2 skinny Chinese eggplants)
2 large pieces garlic
3 sticks green onion
2 tbsp cane sugar
1 tbsp rice vinegar
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp Korean pepper powder (gochugaru)
drizzle of olive oil
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp roasted peanuts
1. Slice the eggplant(s) into wedges. Finely chop the garlic. Chop the green onion (keep some of the green part for garnish)
2. Prep the sauce by combining the cane sugar, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and Korean pepper powder
3. Heat up a sauté pan on medium high heat. Drizzle with olive oil
4. Add the eggplant when the pan just starts to smoke. Sear the eggplant as best you can just to get some colour
5. Add the garlic and sauté for 5min, then add the green onion
6. Add the sauce plus the water. Deglaze the pan, then cover and cook on medium for 5min
7. Crush the peanuts in a pestle and mortar
8. Plate the eggplant when cooked. Garnish with the green onion that was set aside and the crushed peanuts
FREE E-BOOK + VEGAN RAMEN COOKBOOK HERE:
If you enjoyed this episode and would love to see more, remember to like, comment, and subscribe so that you won’t miss a single episode!
Wil Yeung is a wedding and commercial photographer and videographer. He is also the advertorial photographer for insauga.com, contract photographer for the city of Mississauga, and the official Japan Festival Canada photographer. Join me on my channel for episodes on photography, entrepreneur motivation, and to learn to cook with absolute confidence!
Follow me on social media!
Vegan Recipes Instagram: @mr_wilyeung
Vegan Recipes Facebook: fb.me/mrwilyeung
You are watching: