Kathi Roll is one the most popular street foods of India. People who are looking for dairy-free options can still enjoy the same flavour and taste with our lip-smacking recipe of Soy Paneer / Tofu Tikka Kathi Roll.
Tofu has the same texture and creaminess as paneer which makes it a perfect dairy alternative to make paneer tikka kathi roll.
These rolls can be prepped ahead to time for an occassion or to make for a meal when your heart desires something spicy!
To make the parantha:-
1 cup maida
1 tbsp oil
1/4 tsp salt
Water to knead
1. Knead all the ingredients into dough adding water bit by bit.
2. Give the dough a good massage for about 5-10 minutes to release its gluten.
3. Cover the kneaded dough with a wet cloth and let it rest for about an hour.
2. After an hour the texture of the dough will change and it will become soft.
3. Roll a small amount of dough into medium sized balls.
4. Apply some oil to the rolled out dough.
5. Fold the parantha into pleats as shown in the video. This is to ensure that the prepared parantha gets nice layers.
6. Fold one end of the pleats inward and press the other end beneath.
8. Now roll out this dough ball just like you would roll out a roti.
9. Cook both sides of the parantha.
10. To make the parantha crispy, apply some oil and keep pressing it while its cooking.
11. Your parantha is now ready!
To make the stuffing:
2 tbsp mustard oil
1 tbsp degi mirch powder
1 tbsp garam masala
Salt as per taste
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tbsp lemon juice
250g peanut curd
Chopped onion, capsicum and tomatoes
1. Take 2 tbsp mustard oil in a bowl.
2. Add degi mirch to it and mix. Degi mirch powder will give a nice colour to the tikka.
3. Add 1 tbsp garam masala, salt as per taste, 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 250g peanut curd to it.
4. Mix well.
5. Put soy paneer cubes to the prepared masala mixture.
6. Now add chopped onion, capsicum, tomatoes and mix well.
To prepare tikka:
Metal or wood Skewer
1tbsp mustard oil
A few burnt coals
1. To make tikka, you will need metal or wood skewers.
2. Transfer the prepared stuffing mix onto the skewers.
3. Add 1 tbsp mustard oil to the pan.
4. Add the prepared skewers one by one to the pan.
5. To cook the tikkas properly keep turning them.
6. Once cooked turn off the stove.
7. To the distinct tandoori flavor take a few burnt coals and keep them with the tikkas in a dish.
8. Keep it covered for about 2-3 minutes.
To make the roll:
Thinly sliced onions
Chutney/sauce of your choice
1. Place the ready tikka onto the parantha.
2. Add few thinly sliced onions, green chillies, coriander, lemon juice, chaat masala and any chutney or sauce of your choice to it.
Start rolling while gently pressing on the ingredients.
You kathi roll is now ready to be served.
Share the recipe and don’t forget to subscribe to our channel.
Download this video on Peepal Farm Telegram
Follow us on Facebook –
Follow us on Instagram for daily updates –
Music we use 👉
Mam vegetarian fish बनाए veg fish substitute of original fish
Thank you madam, aapse humne tofu banana sikha, aur aaj maine saahi tofu banaya hain woth okara roll…. Bohot accha bana.
Thank u once again.
Note:- Thank u for helping me to be a veganish ❤️🙏.
Waw, main new vegan bani hu, welcome karo mera😄😄😄😄
Thanks a lot from the bottom of my heart for this knowledge of food Shivani Ji 😉🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
Thank you mam g
Is there any substitute of paneer or meat which don't have soya paneer or use of soya bean
Living with the stigma of HSV 1 and 2 and not been able to have a healthy relationship was messing up my life until I got some super herbs from #drunamen, I haven't had symptoms for some while now and planning to get another test done . Am grateful and advise you help yourself also !!!!
paneer roll is one of the ex-favourite things i miss since i turned vegan. am definitely going to make this. really thanks mam for this one . 🙏👏♥️
Oo thanku for being kind towards animals
I'm so thankful to you
agar ho sake to ek video ispar bhi bna dijiye ki ye tofu ghar par kese banayein , kyunki mere ghar k 50 km km door tak bhi ye tofu kaheen nhi milega .
kathi layer ke liye multi layer roti nahi hote
Mam jab main lacha paratha banati hu toh uske layers nahi aate. Woh flat ho jaata hai. Aisa kyun ?
My mom after seeing tofu in the house, ye kya nakli cheeze bhardi ghar mein😂🤦🏻♀️
Well, tofu tastes great with everything 💚
Thanks for this recipe, will try it for sure 🌱
Good recipe👍👍👍👍 but i am soy allergic 😳
Create a playlist to create dairy alternate ,
I love you so much ❤💗
Tofu ki salt and water mein boil karna ek acha idea hai … Contrary to popular beliefs…tofu sponge ni hota.. flavours soak ni karta ..isliye .. boiling karne se usme flavours add hota hai
Mac and cheese…please
Madam pahle aap apne hath ke nail Kato 🤮🤮
Bohot achaa laga
🙏🙏🙏 dhanyebaad shivani ji .