For more tasty food videos subscribe to our channel @
Som Tam Salad is a healthy #SaladRecipe from the Thailand Cuisine. In this #SomTamSalad; raw papaya, carrot, beans and bird’s eye chilli is dressed with a sour, sweet and tangy sauce. Try out this healthy #GreenPapayaSalad with Cookd’s simple recipe. Do try this recipe and share your feedback with us.
Som Tam Salad Recipe:
Raw Papaya (julienne) – 1 no
Beans (length-wise) – 4 nos
Carrot (julienne) – 1 no
Bird’s Eye Chilli (slit) – 2 nos
Peanuts (crushed) – 1 tbsp
Brown Sugar – 2 tbsp
Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp
Soya Sauce – 2 tbsp
Garlic (minced) – 3 cloves
Spring Onion (chopped) – 2 Sprigs
Coriander Leaves – 3 Sprigs
Mixed Lettuce – As Needed For Plating
Water – For Blanching
Salt (For Blanching) – ½ tsp
1. For the dressing, in a bowl combine the brown sugar, lemon juice, soya sauce and minced garlic.
2. For the salad, peel, de-seed, and shred the raw papaya.
3. Blanch in salted water and cut the beans lengthwise. The carrots are to be cut in julienne.
4. Slit the chillies diagonally and crush the peanuts, coarsely.
5. Combine the salad and dressing gently.
6. Place the salad on a bed of mixed lettuce.
7. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves, spring onion and crushed peanuts.
1. Beans must remain crunchy after blanching.
2. Combine the salad and dressing gently to retain the structure of the vegetables.
Visit Cookd shop for high quality, tried & tested Cookware for your kitchen –
Like our Facebook Page –
Follow us on Instagram –
Follow us on Twitter –