How to make a gorgeous and delicious keto cobb salad on a sheet pan. Presentation is everything when it comes to a good salad, and this colorful and vibrant sheet pan salad certainly delivers on the presentation front. It’s also keto and delicious and a great way to feed a family for dinner.
Get 20% off Primal Kitchen Ranch with code “HELLO20” –
Shop dressings, sauces and more at:
2 1/2 heads romaine lettuce
8 slices bacon
4 medium skinless chicken breasts
1 1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1/4 cup red onions, thinly sliced
1 large avocado, thinly sliced
16 cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup Primal Kitchen Ranch Dressing
Keto Cobb Salad Recipe:
1. Wash and dry lettuce. Chop and set aside.
2.Warm a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon slices and cook, turning 3-4 times, until cooked to desired crispness.
3. Remove bacon from skillet and drain on clean kitchen towels. Remove half of the rendered bacon grease. When cooled, cut bacon into bite-sized slices, or crumble.
4. Season chicken breasts with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Place chicken breasts in the hot skillet. Cook for 5–7 minutes on each side.
5. Remove the chicken breasts and place on a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. When cooled, slice chicken breasts.
6. Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil on high heat. When the water is boiling, add eggs, place the lid on the pot, and turn off the heat. Let the eggs sit on the warm burner for 10 minutes.
7. After 10 minutes, drain the eggs and let cool. When cooled, peel the shells, rinse the peeled eggs to remove any tiny bits of shell, then slice into quarters.
8. Slice onion, avocado, and cherry tomatoes.
9. On a large baking sheet, place the chopped romaine lettuce in a layer.
10. Layer the cobb salad ingredients in rows: cherry tomatoes, hard boiled eggs, onions, chicken, avocado, bacon. Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
11. Drizzle with Ranch Dressing.
Cobb salad may be the perfect keto meal. A bowl filled with harmonious contrast, our keto cobb salad includes juicy sliced chicken breast, crispy and smoky bacon crumbles, sweet and bursting cherry tomatoes, buttery avocado slices, pungent red onion strings, and crisp romaine lettuce topped with thick keto-friendly ranch dressing.
Our keto cobb salad keeps it classic but includes creamy, cool, tangy Ranch Dressing instead of the typical red wine vinaigrette. If you want to deviate even more from the classic cobb salad recipe, you could swap chicken for turkey or tuna, blue cheese for sharp cheddar, tomatoes for cucumbers, and raw red onions for pickled onions.
Make one portion of this keto cobb salad, or have a Big Ass Salad party for the whole family and pile up the ingredients on a sheet pan (it’s the new rustic platter!). The borders of a sheet pan work to encase the salad ingredients well, and everyone can take what they want from the pan when it’s time to eat.