To watch our recipe videos in Tamil, visit here:
Roasted Pumpkin Soup is a hearty and filling #HealthySoupRecipe. They are a powerhouse of vitamins and nutrients.Healthy and delicious, this #pumpkinsoup gets its flavour from the roasted pumpkin, garlic, spices and herbs.Try this comforting #RoastedPumpkinSoup with Cooked’s simple recipe and don’t foget to share your feedback with us!
Roasted Pumpkin Soup Recipe:
Pumpkin – 500 grams
Salt – ½ tsp
Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
Garlic (with skin) – 8 Cloves
Butter – 1 tbsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Onion (sliced) – 1 Cup
Nutmeg Powder – A Pinch
Rosemary (fried) – ½ tsp
Kashmiri Chilli Powder/Cayenne Pepper – ¼ tsp
Black Pepper Powder – ½ tsp
Cinnamon Powder – A Pinch
Coriander Powder – ¼ tsp
Stock/Water – 2 ½ Cups
Cream – ¼ Cup
Cream – 2 tbsp
Toasted Pumpkin Seeds – ¼ Cup
1. Cut the pumpkin into large wedges. Apply oil on them and season with salt.
2. Add the pumpkin to a roasting pan along with garlic (with skin). Roast it in an oven preheated to 180 c for 45 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
3. Once roasted, scoop out the flesh of the pumpkin using a spoon. Remove the peel from the garlic and set aside.
4. Heat butter and oil in a pan. Add the onion and saute until translucent.
5. Add Kashmiri chilli powder, coriander powder, black pepper powder, nutmeg and cinnamon powder. Saute for 1 minute.
6. Add the roasted garlic and pumpkin. Add the stock/water and bring it to a boil.
7. Allow it to simmer for 5 minutes. Add the cream and turn off the heat immediately.
8. Once it has cooled down slightly, add the pumpkin mixture to a blender. Blend into a fine mixture, adding stock/water to adjust the consistency.
9. Garnish with cream and toasted pumpkin seeds. Serve with bread or salad, or by itself.
1. Optionally, you can add cold butter while blending to make the soup more rich and glossy.
2. You can use any other toppings of your choice. Crunchy toppings complement the smooth and creamy texture of the soup. You can use toppings such as roasted peanuts or croutons/toasted bread.
3. For a vegan version, you can substitute the cream with thick coconut milk. Skip the butter and add more olive oil instead.
Download the Cookd App now for free at Step-by-step cooking to smart shopping lists, everything you need at one place.
Stay connected with us!
Drop your Feedbacks/Suggestions on our Facebook Page –
Let’s chat directly on Instagram –
Follow us on Twitter –