Oats Mutter Dosa, fibre and protein rich dosa!! (English Video)
Recipe link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Oats-Mutter-Dosa-%28-Fibre-Rich-Recipe-%29-35079r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/
Oats Mutter Dosa
This instant dosa batter is packed with protein and fibre. Oats must be consumed daily for its high content of soluble fibre ‘beta-glucan’, a potent blood sugar and cholesterol-lowering agent. The addition of urad dal and carrots make the dosas rich in protein and vitamin a too. Prepare this instantly and serve it hot with a chutney of your choice.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Makes 8 dosas
For The Dosa Batter
1 cup quick cooking rolled oats
1/4 cup urad dal (split black lentils)
salt to taste
For The Stuffing
1 1/2 tsp oil
1/4 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
1 slit green chilli
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
1/2 cup grated carrot
1/4 cup parboiled green peas
salt to taste
1/2 tsp chaat masala
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp lemon juice
2 1/4 tsp oil for greasing and cooking
For the dosa batter
1. Combine the oats, urad dal and salt in a bowl and blend in a mixer to a fine powder.
2. Add1¾ cups of water and mix well to make a batter of pouring consistency. Cover and keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
For the stuffing
1. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds and green chilli.
2. When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes, till the onions turn translucent.
3. Add the carrots and green peas, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add the salt, chaat masala and chilli powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 more minutes.
5. Add the lemon juice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another minute.
6. Divide the stuffing into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
How to proceed
1. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it using ¼ tsp of oil.
2. Pour a spoonful of the batter on the tava (griddle) and spread in a circular motion to make a 175 mm. (7″) round dosa.
3. Smear ¼ tsp of oil around the edges and cook on a medium flame till the dosa turns light brown in colour.
4. Place a portion of the stuffing in the centre of the dosa and fold over.
5. Repeat with the remaining batter and stuffing to make 7 more dosas.
6. Serve immediately with a chutney of your choice.
1. Do not keep the batter for too long as it becomes thicker making it difficult to spread.