Bored of eating Plain rotis every day? Try these delicious Theplas (thin rotis) packed with the nourishment of Oats and Methi leaves that have high fibre content to keep blood sugar levels under control.
OATS & METHI THEPLA RECIPE
Serves: – 20 theplas
Preparation time: – 30-45 mins
Wheat flour – 500 gms
Oats flour – 250 gms
Methi leaves chopped – 1bunch
Curd- ¾ cup
Ginger chopped – ½ inch
Garlic chopped – 4 to 5 cloves
Green chilies chopped – 2-3 nos.
Ajwain – 1 tbsp
Til – 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder -1/2 tbsp
Chilli powder – ½ tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil – 2 tbsp
1. Combine all the ingredients except for oil in a big open mouth vessel.
2. Knead into a firm smooth dough adding little warm water if required.
3. Finally add the oil to the dough and knead until it is smooth and firm. Cover and allow the dough to rest for 15 minutes.
4. Preheat the iron skillet or tawa on medium heat. Divide the dough into 20 portions.
5. Roll the portions into balls; flatten them with the palm of your hand.
6. Toss them on flour and roll them out into thin circles to approximately 6 inches in diameter.
As you roll them out, you can keep tossing the dough in dry flour to prevent sticking when rolling them out.
7. With skillet on high heat, place the rolled out dough on the skillet. After a few seconds you will notice small air pockets popping out.
8. At this point flip the thepla and smear about 1/2 a teaspoon of oil using a flat spatula and do a light pressing and turning motion to cook to the theplas
9. Flip to the other side and press and turn in a similar way. You will notice brown spots around the cooked thepla. Remove from heat and place on a flat plate.
10. Continue the similar process with the remaining rolled out portions and stack the cooked theplas one above the other.
11. Stacking them maintains softness and prevents the theplas from drying out, preserving moisture, keeping their texture super soft.
12. Serve hot with curds or raita.
Oats & Wheat – Whole grains loaded with fibre, combined with Methi –rich in fibre and helps lower blood sugar, Sesame seeds rich in omega 6 fatty acids helps lower Cholesterol & Manage Diabetes. Also, a healthy substitute for rotis/chapatti.
SPEAK Health by Sun Pharma is about having simple conversations in care. SPEAK Health empowers you with the knowledge that enables you to take better responsibility for your treatment.
Sun Pharma Education & Awareness Kaleidoscope – Reaching People. Touching Lives. !!!
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/speakforhealth & https://www.facebook.com/speakhealthmen
Subscribe us Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/speakhealth