Oats Khichdi, fibre-rich khichdi for diabetics.
Recipe link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Oats-Khichdi-36983r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe…
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDala…
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/1078836208487…
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/
A garlic-infused khichdi that is sure to draw you to the table! With fibre-rich oats and protein-rich moong dal, this low-glycemic index meal is ideal for weight watchers too. Interestingly, this easy-to-make Oats Khichdi makes use of minimal ingredients, as garlic and green chillies do the flavouring job quite well by themselves, without any help from other spices! Enjoy this wholesome oe dish meal fresh off the stove, with a cup of fresh low-fat curds.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 14 minutes
Makes 2 servings
1/2 cup quick cooking rolled oats
2 tbsp yellow moong dal (split yellow gram), washed and drained
1 1/2 tsp oil
1/2 tsp green chilli paste
1 tsp garlic (lehsun) paste
a pinch of turmeric powder (haldi)
salt to taste
1. Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the green chilli paste, garlic paste and
turmeric powder and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
2. Add the oats and yellow moong dal and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add 1 1/2 cups of hot water and salt, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
4. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
5. Serve immediately with low-fat curds.
Serving this khichdi immediately is important to avoid it being lumpy and sticky.