Mexican Inspired Rice and Beans Recipe | Black Bean Recipes | One Pot Vegan Recipe
▶️ RECIPE INGREDIENTS LIST: (4 servings approx.)
1 Cup / 200g White Basmati Rice (washed thoroughly with water)
2 Cups / 1 Can (540ml Can) Cooked Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
3 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 +1/2 / 200g Cup Onion – Chopped
1 Cup / 150g Green Bell Pepper – Chopped
1 Cup / 150g Red Bell Pepper – Chopped
3/4 Cup / 175ml Strained Tomatoes / Passata
1 Teaspoon Cumin
1 Teaspoon Paprika
1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper or to taste
1 Cup Corn kernels – Fresh or frozen (I have used frozen corn)
1 Cup / 225ml Vegetable Broth (low sodium)
Salt to Taste ( I have added total 1+3/4 Tsp of Pink Himalayan Salt)
1+1/2 cup / 100g Green Onion – chopped
3/4 cup / 30g Cilantro – chopped
Lemon or lime juice to taste – OPTIONAL ( I have added 1 tablespoon)
Drizzle of extra virgin Olive oil (I have added 1 tablespoon of organic cold pressed live oil)
Thoroughly wash the rice – a few times until the water runs clear. Drain 1 can of black beans and rice and set aside. Allow the beans and rice drain any excess water.
To a heated pot add olive oil, red and green bell pepper, salt and fry on medium to medium high heat (depending on the heat of your stove) until the onions and pepper starts to caramelize. Adding salt to onion/peppers will release it’s moisture and help it cook faster so please don’t skip it.
Once the onion starts to caramelized add the strained tomatoes, ground cumin, paprika, cayenne and mix well. Add the washed rice, cooked black beans, corn kernels, salt, vegetable broth and mix well. Bring it to a boil and then cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until the rice is cooked (but not mushy).
Uncover and turn off the heat. Add the chopped green onion, cilantro, lemon juice, drizzle of olive oil and mix it very gently because rice is very soft at this point and over mixing can cause the rice grains to break.
Cover and let it sit for at least 5 minutes before serving. This recipe is perfect for meal planning and can be stored in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
▶️ IMPORTANT NOTES:
– Use a Wider Pot to make this dish, so that the rice can cook more evenly and will prevent it from getting mushy
– Every stove is different so regulate the heat accordingly
– The Cooking time depends on several factors – the type of pot being used, heat of the stove, moisture content of the ingredients etc. so please use your judgement and adjust the cooking time accordingly
– Thoroughly wash the rice until the water runs clear to get rid of any impurities/gunk (it’s an important step so please do not skip it)
– This recipe is for white basmati rice, if you are using a different kind of rice adjust the water accordingly
– Adding salt to onion/peppers will release it’s moisture and will help it cook/caramelize faster, so please don’t skip this step
– After adding the garnish, mix it very gently, rice is very soft at this point and this will prevent the rice grains from breaking
– Once you have mixed in the garnish, cover the lid and let it sit for 5 minutes before serving – for the flavors to blend
✅ Other Videos You Might Be Interested In Watching:
👉 Indian Lemon Fried Rice Recipe | How to Make Rice More Tasty! | Healthy Vegan Recipes
👉 Herb & Lemon White Bean Potato Stew 🍲 One Pot Vegan Recipes! | Super Tasty Plant-Based Recipe Idea
👉 Delicious White Bean Cauliflower Curry 🍲 Natural, Heart Healthy Vegan Curry Recipe!
👉 Creamy Spinach Avocado Hummus 🥑 Naturally Vegan Recipe from the Middle East with a Modern Twist
👉 Zesty Tofu Rice Bowl | Easy One Pot Vegan Recipes | Food Impromptu
👉Eggplant Chickpea Stew Recipe | Tasty and Easy to Make Vegan Stew Recipe | Chickpea Recipes
Welcome to the Official YouTube Channel of Food Impromptu! Food Enthusiast, Plant-Based and Vegan Recipes Creator 🌱
Here you will find easy and nourishing vegan recipes for your everyday cooking. My goal is to make the transition to a Plant Based diet achievable and effortless using everyday ingredients. I draw my inspiration from classic, traditional, and modern cuisines from around the world. I take pride in creating recipes and videos for your best viewing experience.
✅ Follow Food Impromptu on social media:
Subscribe to Food Impromptu here ⤵️
#mexicanricerecipe #veganrecipes #riceandbeansrecipe #mexicanrecipes #mexicanriceandbeansrecipe #easyveganrecipes #easymexicanricerecipe #quickandeasyricerecipe #howtomakemexicanblackbeansrecipe #veganrecipe