Meat Stew Recipe | Meat Stew | Healthy Meat Stew | Meat Stew Comfort Food | Easy Stew Recipe | Meat Stew Curry | Mutton Stew Curry | Mutton Stew Kerala Style | Mutton Stew
Ingredients for Meat Stew Recipe:
Tender Lamb/Goat meat with bones- 500 gms
– Green cardamom- 5
– Cloves- 4
– Cinnamon- 2 one inch pieces
– Bay leaf- 2
– Onion, sliced- 4 medium (60 gm each)
– Whole garlic cloves crushed- 4 cloves with skin
– Ginger chopped- 1 inch piece
– Green chillies, chopped- 2-3 nos.
– Curry leaves- 2 sprigs (15-20 leaves)
– Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
– Pepper powder- 3/4 tsp
– Fennel powder (saunf) – 1/4 tsp
Thick coconut milk (1st extract) – 1/2 cup OR 4 tsp coconut powder + 1/2 cup water
Thin coconut milk (2nd extract) – 1 cup OR 3 tsp coconut powder + 1 cup water
– Coriander leaves, chopped for garnish
– Juice of 1/2 lemon or 1 tsp
– Salt- 1 tsp
– Oil- 3 tbsp
– Slice the onions and chop the ginger, green chillies & coriander leaves.
– Crush the garlic cloves with skin.
– Prepare coconut milk- 1 cup thick and 1 cup thin.
– Heat oil in a pan or kadai.
– Add the whole spices and when the spices splutter, add the curry leaves.
– Give a stir and add the sliced onions. Fry for 1-2 mins and then add the salt. Fry on medium heat for 5 mins and then add the turmeric powder. Mix well and fry for 1-2 mins till the onions are translucent.
– Now add the chopped ginger, 4 whole crushed garlic and the chopped green chillies. Mix and fry on medium heat for another 1-2 mins till the onions start to turn light brown.
– Add the meat pieces, mix & fry on high heat for around 2 mins.
– Continue to fry the meat on medium heat for around 6-8 mins mixing it till the meat is well browned.
– Add 1 cup of thin coconut milk and 2 cups of water. Also add 3/4 tsp pepper powder. Water should be sufficient to cover the meat.
– Cook covered on low heat for 45-60 mins till the meat is tender. Remove lid and mix it few times in between.
– Alternatively transfer it into a pressure cooker and pressure cook till 4 whistles.
– Add the thick coconut milk and water as per the consistency required.
– Add the fennel powder, mix well and cover and simmer on low heat for another 10 mins.
– Check seasoning, garnish with chopped coriander leaves and add 1 tsp lemon juice to finish.
#meatstewrecipe #meatstewcurry #muttonstew #healthymeatstew
#meatstew #keralamuttonstew #meatstewcomfortfood #spiceeats #spiceeatsrecipes #spiceeatsmutton