The video for the original Keto Flaxseed Bread recipe was published here slightly more than 2 years ago. It became quite popular as the bread is super light, soft, fluffy and almost zero carb. While many have achieved success with this recipe but there were some that experienced the bread rising nicely but collapsed later. Some also commented that the bread was wet and sticky.
Combining flaxseeds and psyllium husks may produce a stickier texture as both have some gumminess. However, without psyllium husks, the loaf will be very small. Ground flaxseeds rise particularly well with leavening agents such as baking powder and egg whites hence, producing a light and fluffy bread texture. However, this may result in a rapid rise and fall as some people experienced particularly when ingredients are not used properly. To prevent this, I came out with this V2.0 recipe in the hope that those who have problems with the original recipe will have success with this recipe. The original recipe is still good and if you have no problem with it, please stick to it. If you have a problem, then you can try this recipe as I have reduced the amount of egg whites, psyllium husks and water. The texture of this recipe is slightly denser but it is less wet and sticky.
Also, if you are not a fan of flaxseeds, I would not recommend you try this as this is a pure flaxseed bread, so the taste of flaxseed is more pronounced.
The recipe can be read and printed at this link;
[Total servings = 16]
NUTRITION INFO PER SERVING
Total carb = 7.9 g
Dietary fiber = 7.4 g
Net carb = 0.5 g
Calories = 112
Total fat = 7.8 g
Protein = 6.5 g
Golden Flax Seed (Finely Ground) = 360 g / 3 cups (Note: It is important to use ground golden flax seed otherwise, the texture of the bread will be denser. This recipe is based on self-ground golden flaxseeds but you can also use pre-ground flaxseed powder except that the texture may differ slightly. I used a multi grinder to grind the whole golden flax seeds but you can use coffee bean or spice grinder too. If you have golden flax seed meal, just grind it further into a finer texture.)
Whole Psyllium Husks (Ground until half its original volume and weigh after grinding) = 9 g / 1 tbsp
Baking Powder = 12 g / 3 tsp
Salt = 4 g /1 tsp
Apple Cider Vinegar = 45 ml / 3 tbsp
Hot or boiling water = 280 ml / 1 cup + 2 3/4 tbsp
Egg whites = 6 large (216 g) (Note: Sorry, I mistakenly mentioned 230 g in the video)
1. For liquid egg whites, use the same amount at 216 g.
2. For egg white powder, use 38 g of egg white powder + 210 ml of room temperature water. You can add the egg white powder to the dry ingredients and the water to the wet ingredients.
1. Preheat the oven at 350F or 180C
2. In a bowl, add all the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
3. Add all the wet ingredients and mix until a soft dough is formed.
4. In the video, I used an 8x5x4 inch (20x13x10 cm) pan, lightly greased and lined with parchment paper. You can also use an 8×4 or 9×5 inch pan.
5. Transfer dough into the pan and spread evenly. Leave the top round.
6. Bake for 1 hour at the lowest rack then let it cool completely on a wire rack.
7. This bread can be kept at room temperature for a few days provided you have a cool and dry climate. Otherwise, it is best to refrigerate earlier for up to a week or freeze for up to 3 months.
Link to purchase my books;
Click this link to purchase in e-book format via payhip;
1. “The Ultimate Keto Bread Recipes”
Contains 200 pages of great content with important tips and tutorials for 61 non-vegan & 12 vegan keto bread recipes.
2. “The Ultimate Low Carb / Keto Cake Recipes”
Contains 182 pages of great content with important tips and tutorials for 83 easy to bake guilt free cake recipes.
Click this link to purchase in Kindel, Paperback and Hardcover formats via Amazon;
1. “The Ultimate Keto Bread Recipes”
2. “The Ultimate Low Carb/Keto Cake Recipes”
Links to purchase products;
Multi grinders (
Whole psyllium husk (
Apple Cider Vinegar (
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Thank You for your support!
PLEASE NOTE THAT UNAUTHORIZED USE OF THIS VIDEO, SECOND EDIT AND RE-UPLOAD IS PROHIBITED.
1. PLEASE SET THE CAPTIONS TO YOUR CHOICE OF LANGUAGE. CLICK SETTINGS (GEAR ICON) AT THE BOTTOM OF THE VIDEO, CLICK SUBSITILES/CC, CLICK AUTO TRANSLATE THEN SELECT THE LANGUAGE.IF YOUR LANGUAGE DO NOT APPEAR, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENT. THIS AUTO TRANSLATE FUNCTION WORKS BETTER ON DESKTOP COMPUTERS THAN MOBILE PHONES.
2. PLEASE SEE THE DESCRIPTION BOX BELOW VIDEO (CLICK DOWN ARROW ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE, BESIDE THE VIDEO TITLE AND SCROLL DOWN) FOR THE FULL WRITTEN RECIPE, LINK TO PRINT RECIPE, NUTRITION INFO AND OTHER RELEVANT DETAILS. THANK YOU !
Can carton egg whites be used?
I absolutely love all your videos and recipes. Does this recipe differ any from your original flaxseed recipe? ❤️
How many whole eggs instead?
Love your channel❤
This looks so good! ❤️
Do you have a recipe with these golden flaxseeds but also with another ingredient such as oat fiber and/or almond flour? Il not crazy about always having almond flour, but I just don't know with what else to make keto bread. I'm not crazy about flaxseed bread because of the wetness of the bread. That's why I would like to combine it with another flour so that it won't come out so wet.
Thank you for sharing!
Greetings from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Edith, a happy Subcriber
Witaj. Możesz włączyć napisy w języku Polskim?