This tasty one-pot meal made from rice, vegetables and dal goes well with appalams and is a healthy option for brunch or travel.
2 medium drumsticks, cut into 3 inch pieces
2 medium raw bananas, peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces
2 medium potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 cups moringa leaves
2-3 small brinjals, stemmed, and quartered
1 cup split pigeon peas (toor dal), washed, soaked for 30 minutes and drained
1 cup short grain rice, soaked for 30 minutes and drained
2-3 tbsps ghee + for drizzling
1½ tsps mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
2-3 green chillies, finely chopped
20-25 madras onions
1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
1 medium tomato, chopped
2-3 dried red chillies
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1½ tbsps sambhar masala
1 cup moringa leaves
Salt to taste
2 sprigs of curry leaves
2-3 tbsps scraped fresh coconut
2-3 tbsps chopped fresh coriander leaves
1. Heat ghee in a pressure cooker. Add mustard seeds and let them splutter.
2. Add green chillies, and madras onions and mix well. Cook till translucent. Add garlic, mix and cook for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add tomato, mix and cook for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add dried red chillies and mix well.
5. Add drumsticks, raw bananas and potatoes and mix well. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
6. Stir in soaked pigeon peas, and soaked rice and mix till well combined.
7. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and sambhar masala and mix well. Add moringa leaves and mix.
8. Add salt and mix till well combined. Add curry leaves and mix.
9. Pour 4 cups water and mix. Add brinjals, mix, cover and cook under pressure for 3 whistles.
10. Switch the heat off, open the cooker once the pressure has reduced completely.
11. Add coconut and coriander leaves and mix well.
12. Transfer the mixture into a serving bowl, drizzle ghee and serve hot.
Click to Subscribe:
For more recipes :
To get recipes on your Google or Alexa devices, click here :
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on :
#SanjeevKapoor #kootanchoru #healthyrecipe #onepotmeals
sanjeev kapoor sanjeev kapoor recipe sanjeev kapoor recipes khana khazana chef sanjeev kapoor khana khazana recipes masterchef sanjeev kapoor indian recipes master chef indian food recipes kootanchoru kootanchoru recipe kootanchoru recipe in cooker how to make kootanchoru one pot meal one pot lentil meal south indian recipe south indian food south indian cuisine healthy one pot meal healthy meal healthy recipe healthy food mix vegetable rice