These Keto Chicken Quesadillas are a soo good you don’t even miss the tortilla! Both the quesadillas and the sauce are great low-carb options! I enjoyed a slice of this with a salad and the avocado crema as dressing!
1lb of thin sliced chicken breast, cut into strips
1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
1 yellow onion, sliced
Fajita seasoning ( I used a tbs of salt, pepper, garlic & onion powder, oregano, cumin, chili powder, 1 tsp of red pepper flakes)
16oz of shredded cheese
Juice of 1/2 a lime
1/2 cup of sour cream
2 tbs of jalapeño, minced
Salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
For Avocado Crema…
– cut and mash avocado, lime juice, jalapeño, and seasoning together in a bowl.
– Stir in sour cream, taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
– Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
– Preheat oven to 400 degrees
– Season chicken with fajita seasoning cook in a skillet over medium high heat, about 12-15 minutes.
– After fully cooked, set aside and sauté peppers and onions in the same pan, cook to desired tenderness. I cooked mine for about 7-10 minutes.
– Line a baking sheet w/ parchment paper then place about 3/4- 1 cup of shredded cheese in a flat circle at the center of the parchment.
– Place in oven for 8-10 minutes until cheese is bubbly and melted.
– Remove from oven place quesadilla filling on one side of the cheese, use the parchment and a spatula to fold the opposite side of the cheese over the filling.
– Bake for an additional 3-5 minutes.
– Remove from oven allow it to set for 5-7 minutes
– I recommend flipping the quesadilla onto a paper towel to drain the excess grease.
– Cut and serve with dipping sauce
**NEW RECIPES 3 DAYS A WEEK!!**
Don’t forget to subscribe and click that notification bell so you don’t miss an upload!
Recipe requests or suggestions? Email me! [email protected]
If you give this recipe a try, snap a picture and tag me on Instagram! #averysapron
**Follow me on IG: @_averyhogan
**Follow me on Pinterest: Avery Hogan