Today we will be making my 🎅 #Christmas Eve all-time favorite #Italian #Seafood 🥗 #Salad with
🐚#Scungilli, 🍤#Shrimp, 🦪 Seas Scallops, 🦑 Calamari, and Mussels.
This #delicious dish will impress you, your family members, friends, and guests. Don’t miss this recipe, it is sure to be a hit in your house. Join us for Episode-18 on the #YaEat #CookingChannel. #ItalianFood
On the Ya’Eat cooking channel, we feature Italian and Seafood recipes.
ITALIAN SEAFOOD SALAD INGREDIENTS
1 – 29 oz. Can Scungilli
1 lb. 21/25 Shrimp
½ lb. Sea Scallops (about 8 scallops)
½ lb. Calamari
2 Dozen Mussels
6 Stalks Celery
⅓ Red Onion
¼ Spanish Onion
1 Large Roasted Pepper
4 Plum Tomatoes (2 diced for salad and 2 sliced for garnish)
4-5 Lemons (3-4 for dressing | 1-2 for garnish)
1 ½ to 2 cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ Cup Kalamata Olives (pitted cut in half)
¼ Cup Fresh Basil
½ Cup Fresh Parsley
6-8 cloves garlic
Salt and Pepper to taste.
Prep and Cooking Instructions
1. Start by rinsing the Mussels underwater pull out beards, discard any open or cracked mussels, and set them aside.
2. Prepare Shrimp (clean and set aside)
3. Peel, smash, and add Garlic and EVOO to the pan… brown and remove for later.
4. After removing Garlic season Scallops with Salt and Pepper and pan fry until lightly brown on both sides. (around 2 mins each side). Do not overcook.
5. Remove Scallops from pan and set aside to cool, add Mussels, and then add a ½ cup of water, cover and cook for 1-2 mins. Once all of the Mussels have opened, remove them from the pan and set them aside to cool.
6. Chop all vegetables and add to the mixing bowl. (save celery ends)
7. Add 1 qt. salted water to the leftover broth from cooking scallops and mussels along with discarded Celery ends, 1 leftover squeezed Lemon, and ¼ Spanish Onion with the peel to the water.
8. Clean and cut Calamari and add to stock along with Shrimp. Cover and bring to a boil and remove around 2 mins after boil starts. (You can test the Calamari and cut Shrimp to check if cooked)
9. Remove Calamari and Shrimp and drain, first cool with running water and then place in an ice bath until cold and drain again.
10. Cut the Shrimp into bite-sized pieces and add to the mixing bowl along with Calamari
11. Cut Scallops into bite-sized pieces and shell Mussels and add to bowl. ( you can halve the mussels and use as for presentation)
12. Wash and drain Scungilli, cut into smaller pieces if need and add to bowl.
13. Add Extra Virgin Olive Oil to the mixing bowl along with lemon juice from 3-4 Lemons. (to taste)
14. Adjust seasoning with Salt and Pepper
15. Refrigerate and cover for a least 1 hour before serving
16. Plate with leafy greens and sliced tomatoes and place Seafood Salad on top in the center.
17. You are done… Nice Job : )