This is based on my recent Keto Yogurt Bread recipe. These yogurt buns have a crispy crust, tender crumbs and tastes mildly tangy. And they are crispy when toasted.
The recipe can be viewed and printed at this link;
[Total servings = 6]
NUTRITION INFO PER SERVING
Total Carb = 6.8 g
Dietary Fiber = 5.7 g
Net Carb = 1.1 g
Calories = 80
Total Fat = 3.6 g
Protein = 6.9 g
Oat Fiber Powder = 60 g / 1/2 cup (I used NuNaturals)
Finely Ground Golden Flaxseed = 60 g / 1/2 cup
Baking Powder = 8 g / 2 tsp
Salt = 2 g / 1/2 tsp
Whole Psyllium Husks = 14 g / 1 1/2 tbsp (Note: The psyllium husks must be ground until half its original volume before using. Please watch this video about psyllium husk and powder for better understanding and success –
Fresh egg whites = 3 large (105 g) (room temperature)
Apple Cider Vinegar = 23 ml / 1 1/2 tbsp
Unsweetened Plain or Greek Yogurt = 140 g / 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp (room temperature)
(Note: As an option, you can add sourdough flavor to get the smell and taste of sourdough. Someone tried it and commented that it is so good. She used the one from King Arthur)
Instant or rapid rise yeast = 8 g / 2 tsp
Sugar/allulose/inulin = A pinch
Very warm water = 60 ml / 1/4 cup (At 113 to 122 F OR 45 to 50 C temperature. This temperature WILL NOT kill the yeast. It is actually very conducive to wake up the yeast from its dormant state and get to work)
1. Preheat the oven at 350 F or 180 C.
2. Add all the ingredients for the yeast mixture into a bowl. Mix to combine then set aside. This step is to check the condition of the yeast. If there are a lot of bubbling and foaming, then the yeasts are good. If not, please change to a new batch.
3. In another bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together until well combined.
4. Add all the wet ingredients (including the yeast mixture) and mix to combine.
5. The dough is moderately firm and sticky. Wet your hands for easier handling.
6. Divide the dough into 6×80 g portions. Shape into a ball then place of a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
7. Cover with cling wrap or towel. If using towel, please sprinkle some flour on the top of the dough to prevent it from sticking to the towel. Proof at a warm area for about 15 to 20 minutes or until it is well risen. Here’s a tip to create a warm area – turn on the stove fire for a while then turn it off. Place the pan with dough on a baking tray and let it sit on the warmed-up stove. Leave the hood lights on. This warmth helps to proof the dough quite quickly. And you can reheat the stove midway to warm up the area again. You can also proof the dough in a preheated oven at 210F or 100C with a dish of boiling water for about 15 to 20 minutes or until well risen.
8. Once the dough has risen nicely, score with a sharp knife or blade then sprinkle with a tsp of arrowroot powder. I used oat powder that has been bleached so the color is white. This gives a nice rustic look, but it is optional.
9. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown. It is done when they feel light to the touch.
10. This bread can be kept at room temperature for a few days if you have a cool and dry climate. Otherwise, it’s better to refrigerate earlier for up to a week or freeze for up to 3 months.
Link to purchase my books;
Click this link to purchase in e-book format via payhip;
1. “The Ultimate Keto Bread Recipes”
Contains 200 pages of great content with important tips and tutorials for 61 non-vegan & 12 vegan keto bread recipes.
2. “The Ultimate Low Carb / Keto Cake Recipes”
Contains 182 pages of great content with important tips and tutorials for 83 easy to bake guilt free cake recipes.
Click this link to purchase in Kindel, Paperback and Hardcover formats via Amazon;
1. “The Ultimate Keto Bread Recipes”
2. “The Ultimate Low Carb/Keto Cake Recipes”
Links to purchase baking pans;
6×3 inch pan (
7×4 inch pan (
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
PLEASE NOTE THAT UNAUTHORIZED USE OF THIS VIDEO, SECOND EDIT AND RE-UPLOAD IS PROHIBITED.
Goes to my must try list 👍🏻🤩
They look delicious!
Ingenious way to do this recepit adding yogurt!
I will bake your Amazing recepit for sure tommorrow!!
Thank you for sharing!
Greetings from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 🌹🌹
Edith, a happy Subcriber
These look good! Are they more the size of dinner rolls or hamburger buns?
Amazing recipe as all your recipes thanks so much for your great effort ❤️
Nice one. Please can you do keto bread recipes with vital wheat gluten?
Hi…what is the best substitute to yogurt.. forget to buy it😂
They look delicious. Thanks 😊
Knowing the quality of your recipes & the extensive work you put into them, I know these buns are going to be phenomenal! Thanks Elsie 💖
Oh yes I am so going to try this recipe this week! ❤
1. PLEASE SET THE CAPTIONS TO YOUR CHOICE OF LANGUAGE. CLICK SETTINGS (GEAR ICON) AT THE BOTTOM OF THE VIDEO, CLICK SUBSITILES/CC, CLICK AUTO TRANSLATE THEN SELECT THE LANGUAGE.IF YOUR LANGUAGE DO NOT APPEAR, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENT. THIS AUTO TRANSLATE FUNCTION WORKS BETTER ON DESKTOP COMPUTERS THAN MOBILE PHONES.
2. PLEASE SEE THE DESCRIPTION BOX BELOW VIDEO (CLICK DOWN ARROW ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE, BESIDE THE VIDEO TITLE AND SCROLL DOWN) FOR THE FULL WRITTEN RECIPE, LINK TO PRINT RECIPE, NUTRITION INFO AND OTHER RELEVANT DETAILS. THANK YOU !