Duck is great but easy to overcook. I show you the best way to cook and render its fat. We use that fat to wilt some amazing swish chard.
I used to make this meal ALL THE TIME but I haven’t filmed it. It’s a great keto recipe. Duck fat is so tasty and keto. If you have a problem with getting enough greens in your diet try this method. It’s amazing how much these dark leafy greens cook down.
My Miyabi Kaizen 8″ Chef’s Knife:
Here is my crispy duck recipe for the keto diet:
2 cleaned duck breast
Handfull swiss chard
Flakey sea salt (Maldon or flur de sel)
Course Cracked Black Pepper
Zest of 1 orange
tbsp fresh lemon juice
1) Preheat oven to 350F. Using a sharp knife score the top layer of fat. Only the fat don’t cut into the meat.
2) Sprinkle a fine layer of salt, pepper, and orange zest, onto the breast. Rub the seasoning into the score lines. Season the other side with pepper and salt.
3) On a cold cast iron pan lay the breast skin side down. Start the pan on a medium heat. When the skin releases off the pan it’s ready to be flipped.
4) Immediately after flipping, place the pan in the oven for 7 minutes. or cook to an internal temp. of 135f for medium rare. (USDA recommends 160 but that is overcooked in many chefs opinions)
5) remove and rest on a cutting board. In the same pan add the greens using the hot duck fat to cook the greens down. No need to add seasoning as the duck fat will have collected enough salt and pepper already. I like to add a tsp of fresh lemon juice at this point.
6) once cooked down, plate up the greens. using thick slices cut the duck to plate it. Enjoy!
Need a product featured in my video? Find it here! (below)
The Keto Chef Amazon Store:
Music: LAKEY INSPIRED
Business Email: email@example.com
#Keto #Greens #CrispyDuck