#splitpeasoup #vegansoup #foodtoliverecipe #easyveganrecipes #vegan #greensplitpea #easyrecipe #homemade
This easy Vegan Split Pea soup recipe is hearty, comforting, and unimpeachably wholesome.
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 1 hour 15 min | Total Time: 1 hour 35 min | Servings: 4
• 2 cups dried green split peas (
• 1 tbsp oil
• 1 yellow onion chopped
• 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
• 1 tsp smoked paprika
• 1/2 tsp dried thyme
• 1/2 tsp marjoram
• 1/4 tsp black pepper (
• 5 cups vegetable stock/broth
• 2 medium potatoes peeled and cubed
• 1 large carrot peeled and chopped
• Salt to taste (
1. Rinse split peas. Set aside.
2. In a large pot on medium heat, add the oil and chopped onion. Sauté until the onion is translucent.
3. Add in the garlic, smoked paprika, thyme, marjoram, and black pepper and sauté for an additional two minutes.
4. Add the split peas and vegetable stock to the pot.
5. Bring to a boil on high. Reduce heat to low, cover with a lid, then simmer for 60 minutes, or until the peas are tender and beginning to disintegrate.
6. Add the potatoes and carrots into the soup. Bring to a simmer again.
7. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
8. Salt to taste. Top with croutons.
For more cool recipes, healthy tips have a look at our Healthy Blog
About Food To Live:
Three generations of our family are working together to bring you top-quality foods from different corners of the world. At Food to Live, we believe that food is more than a source of nutrition: it’s the key to your health.
I just made this, did not have potatoes, but it is awesome. It is a keeper indeed.
I didn't have all the spices, but it came out so good. Such and easy and delicious recipe.
I wanted to update my comment regarding this recipe. This is my GO TO RECIPE! love it so much, thank you for sharing. I follow the recipe exactly but I only exclude the oil and still delish. Thank you for this recipe!
Yum! This looks great! I'll make this tonight. Thanks for sharing
cool stuff! you've nailed plating 🙂
Very cool recipe, I will be cooking this for my kids, perfect!
I am literally droooooooling over this! Making it tomorrow! Thank you!
Very yummy pea soup!Very healthy!👍♥️😍
I LOVE PEA SOUP!!!! Where did you get those incredible-looking croutons? Did you make them??
Informative and quickly perceived video: Thank you.
Looks delish :-), especially on this -6*C morning
I've never had split peas before but that soup looks amazing!