Fully vegan Tom Yum soup. Super Delicious, healthy, and diet-friendly. Popular Thai soup recipe.
VEGAN TOM YUM SOUP
1 lbs. tofu, diced
2 cups straw mushroom or oyster mushroom, cut into large pieces
2 cups champignon mushrooms, cut into 4 pieces
1 cup enoki mushrooms
2 cups vegetable stock
5 shallots, medium size
5 cloves of garlic
4 large red chilies, remove the seeds
4 small red Thai chilies
2 galangals, thinly sliced
4 lemongrass stalks, cut into 4 cm of length
6 fresh kaffir lime leaves, torn
2 tomatoes, cut into small dice
½ cup of fresh coriander leaves, washed and coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon tamarind
2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon coconut milk
salt and pepper (to taste)
1. Cut large red chilies and remove the seeds, cut the lemongrass into 4 cm long pieces, thinly slice the galangal.
2. Put the garlic, shallots, large seedless red chilies, red Thai chilies, and vegetable oil into a blender. Blend them until smooth.
3. In a medium-sized soup pot, heat the vegetable oil. Add all the ingredients mixed in step #2. Sautee the ingredients until fragrant.
4. Add galangal, lemongrass, lime leaves, and tamarind. Sautee again about 3 minutes.
5. Add the vegetable broth (stock). Boil on low heat for 10 minutes.
6. Add the tofu and mushrooms. Then simmer it for about 7 minutes.
7. Add salt, pepper, and lime juice.
8. Add shrimp and cook them for 1 minute.
9. Remove from the stove and transfer to a plate.
10. Sprinkle with tomatoes and cilantro (chopped into small pieces).
11. Optional: garnish with sliced red chili.
12. Serve the soup while it is still hot.
healthy recipes,vegan recipes,vegetarian recipes,plant based,tom yum soup vegan,tom yum goong,tom yum recipe,tom yum soup with coconut milk,tom yum soup recipe vegan,easy vegan recipes tiktok,easy vegan recipes healthy,easy vegan recipes high protein,thai tom yum soup coconut milk,vegan tom yum soup recipes,vegan tom yum soup with tofu, tom yum recipe vegan, vegetarian tom yum recipe, plant-based tom yum