You can tag pictures to me or see more recipes at my social medias via these links ;
This Keto Spinach Quiche With Crispy Crust is one the few keto dishes that my carb eating family members love. It’s also very popular when I make them for parties or gatherings. In fact, I have 2 old videos here on Keto Spinach Quiche. This one is slightly different because I am using a 9 inch non-stick pie pan with a removable bottom so the filling is a lot slimmer. Plus the crust is also slightly different as it is crispier.
You can easily get the non-stick pie pans with removable bottoms online or at baking ingredient shops. They come in many different sizes but 9 inch is quite standard. They even have cute mini sizes which I have ordered and will be making mini quiches with a variety of toppings so stay tuned for it.
I made this quiche a few days ago for a trial run and it was gone within a day. My son commented that he loves the crispy crust and even suggested that I should make fruit tarts with this crust. So yes, I will be working on that.
This quiche is so versatile, you can literally eat it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The crust is crispy with delicious fillings and smells heavenly.
This recipe can be viewed and printed at this link;
Total Servings = 12
Total Carb = 6.6 g
Dietary Fiber = 2.7 g
Net Carb = 3.7 g
Calories = 308
Total Fat = 27.1 g
Protein = 12.5 g
Almond flour = 240 g / 2 cups
Unsalted cold cubed butter = 80 g / 1/3 cup
Eggs = 2 medium
Salt = 1/2 tsp
You can also use the crusts from my other videos;
1. Keto Pecan Pie recipe (vegan crust)
2. Keto Lemon Tart recipe (coconut flaxseed crust)
3. This is a new crust which you can try too (UPDATED 3 JAN 2021)
Almond Flour = 120 g / 1 cup
Coconut Flour = 30 g / 1/4 cup)
Cold Butter (cubed) = 80 g / 1/3 cup
Egg = 1 large
Salt = 1/2 to 1 tsp
Eggs = 4 large
Whipping Cream = 180 ml / 3/4 cup
Spinach = 250 g / 20 balls frozen spinach OR 400 g fresh spinach
Bacon = 130 g / about 5 regular strips (cut into small pieces)
Yellow Onion = 1 small (diced)
Garlic cloves = 3 (minced)
Grated cheddar cheese = 80 g / 2/3 cup
Salt = 1/2 to 1 tsp
Black or White Pepper = 1/2 to 1 tsp
1. Preheat the oven at 350F or 180C.
2. Prepare the crust first. Add the almond flour and salt into a bowl. Mix with a spatula until well combined. Then add the cold butter and mash into smaller pieces with hands. You can also use pastry cutter or food processor. Mash until crumbly then add the eggs and mix with a spatula until a dough is formed.
3. Transfer dough onto a greased 9 inch pie pan with a removable bottom. Spread the dough evenly. If you prefer a thinner crust, just use less dough. Wet your hands for easier handling.
4. Prick some holes with a fork then freeze the dough for 15 minutes.
5. After freezing the dough for 15 minutes, cover with a parchment paper and add any suitable weights to weigh down the dough.
6. Blind bake the dough (I.e. bake without fillings) for 15 minutes.
7. After 15 minutes, remove the paper and weights. Tent the pan with foil to prevent over browning of the edges. Bake for another 15 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, prepare the fillings. In a bowl, add the eggs, whipping cream, salt, pepper and whisk to combine. Set aside.
9. Squeeze all the water out from the frozen spinach after they have defrosted. Set aside.
10. Pan fry the bacon with a little cooking oil until browned then drain and reserve the bacon fat. Set aside.
11. Use the reserved bacon fat to sauté the onions, garlic and fresh spinach (if using) until softened. Set aside.
12. Now just assemble the fillings onto the crust. Spread the spinach evenly at the bottom of crust. Then add the onions, garlic, bacon and grated cheese. Reserve a bit of the cheese for topping.
13. Spoon the egg mixture onto the crust then top with the balance of cheese.
14. Bake for 30 minutes turning the tray half way through to get an even browning on the top.
15. After baking, you will notice that the top will have bulged up which is normal. Once cooled, it will flatten back.
16. It’s best to eat the quiche fresh but you can refrigerate it for 2 to 3 days.