Learn how to make almond flour at home with an easy & quick method. The main ingredient in many keto almond flour recipes. Much Cheaper than the market bought. Here we will first blanch almonds and make blanched almond flour.
Keto-friendly Almond flour is a great alternative to the traditional over-processed white flour because of the low-carb and numerous health benefits of almonds. Perfect alternative for low-carb diet, gluten-free and wheat-free diet. It is top of the list when we are talking about the low carbohydrate flours.
We can prepare many keto recipes with almond flour – Keto Bread, Keto Pancakes, Keto Chapati, Keto Pizza, Keto Cookies, and many more. Here you will also learn how to make almond flour for macarons, gluten-free desserts.
Inexpensive/Cheaper than store-bought. The best part is that the process is super easy.
What’s almond flour made of?
– Almond flour (called Almond meal) is made of only Almonds 🙂
Almond meal vs Almond flour
– Almond meal is made from raw(unpeeled) almonds, whereas almond flour is made from blanched(peeled) almonds. Almond flour is finer in texture and as its skin is removed it is lighter in the color as well.
What is the conversion rate of almonds to almond flour?
– 1 cup of blanched almonds = 1.25 cups(approx.) of almond flour
#howtomakealmondflour #almondflour #keto
Nutrition Facts of Almond flour[
– According to the USDA Nutrient Database, in a 1/4 cup serving of almond flour, there are:
6 grams of protein
14 grams of fat
6 grams of carbohydrates
3 grams of fiber
1 gram of sugar
59.9 mg of calcium
1.08 mg of iron
Blanching Almonds(How to blanch almonds)
1) Bring water to boil in a large wide pan
2) Pour in this hot water to the almonds and wait for 10 minutes
3) Place the almonds in a strainer. If you want then you can also run them in cold water to cool them down.
4) Skin is loose now. Remove the skin of each almond with your fingers. The skin should come right off.
5) Spread the skinless almonds in one layer, on a paper kitchen towel and let them dry. You can also microwave them(optional)
Making Almond flour(How almond flour is made)
1) Once your almonds are dry, place them in a blender and pulse to break them down
2) Pulse them for around 30 seconds. be careful to not process them too much or they will start to release some of the oils and turn into almond butter.
3) Store your almond flour in an airtight container in a cool dark place
Do not leave almonds in hot water for a long time as this can make them soft & will become tough to dry them
Do not let the almonds get dry. Otherwise, the skin will stick back to almonds and won’t get easily removed
Be careful to not process them too much else they will start releasing oils & turn into almond butter
Subscribe to us on Youtube @
Follow us on Social Media:
5MinuteKitchen, Indian Keto Recipes,5-Minute Kitchen #ketorecipes #ketoladoo #nobakeketo
***DISCLAIMER in the description of video