FACEBOOK PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/TheSeriousfitness
Healthy Omelettes are a quick, delicious and healthy breakfast or lunch idea, particularly for those of us with weight loss goals.
How To Cook An Omelet, Mushroom Omelette:
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup onions chopped
1/4 cup red pepper chopped
3/4 cup mushrooms, sliced
salt and pepper to taste
– Combine egg whites with pepper (if desired) in a small bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
– Heat a nonstick skillet, with 1 teaspoon olive oil, over medium heat.
– Add onion, red pepper and mushrooms; cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until soft. Remove from skillet.
– Place eggs in skillet; cook over medium-low heat. Do not stir. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
– When eggs are almost set, add mushroom cook for 1 minute, Gently fold in half.
– Garnish with parsley and tomato.
Did you know?
* Mushrooms are filling, nutritious, and full of flavour. They also contain natural compounds that can help you lose weight, prevent cancer, and strengthen your immune system. These vegetables can replace meat in most dishes, offering significant amounts of protein. They help stabilize blood sugar levels, protect against tissue damage, and improve body composition.
* Tomatoes. The lycopene found in tomatoes (and other red foods) brings you antioxidants that are helpful with a myriad of diseases and conditions. If weight loss is your aim, they are also low in calories, help you feel full longer and contain fiber to keep your digestion moving.
* The reason olive oil helps you to lose weight is because it can take the place of other things like salad dressing and other oils that are considered bad fats. Even you change nothing else in your diet or lifestyle and just start using olive oil you should still benefit by losing weight. But most people find that if they start to embrace more of a Mediterranean diet the results are accentuated.
Almost any diet that replaced the Standard American Diet is going to be better for you and cause the pounds to drop, and using more olive oil in your life can bring many positive benefits.
* Egg whites are among the best sources of protein. They’re cheap, convenient, and easy to cook. In addition to being low in fat and calories, they curb hunger and increase metabolism. Research suggests that egg whites increase muscle protein synthesis, accelerate fat loss, and reduce cravings. You can add them to smoothies and protein shakes, cook scrambled egg whites, or mix them with veggies.
* Onions add flavour to any dish and have only a few calories. These veggies contain sulphur compounds and fibre, which help reduce blood pressure and blood cholesterol levels. By including onions in your diet, you’ll feel fuller on fewer calories. The fibre in these veggies wards off hunger and relieves constipation.