These spinach patties are healthy, easy to make and surprisingly delicious. If you want to include spinach in your diet and do not know how, this recipe is just for you. Healthy oatmeal and spinach patties that are perfect for make ahead meal or meal prep. Also this dish freezes well.
►Full written recipe:
► Equipment I used in this video:
►More Recipes You Might Like:
Crispy Roasted Chickpeas:
Vegan Beet Burger:
2 tablespoons Olive oil
1 Onion, chopped
2-3 cloves Garlic, crushed
1/3 Oats/semolina/flour or Quinoa/rice/lentils (cooked)
1-2 tablespoons Flour of your choice
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1 teaspoon Paprika
1 teaspoon Oregano
Green onion (optional)
Serve with yogurt
1. In a large pan heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil, add chopped onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
2. Add spinach and cook until wilted, about 5-6 minutes.
3. Drain the liquids out of the spinach as much as possible. Transfer to a cutting board, roughly chop.
4. Transfer to a bowl, add eggs and mix well. Add spices, oats, flour and mix until combined.
5. Heat olive oil in a large pan, scoop 1-2 tablespoons of the mixture and cook for 3 minutes or until golden, flip and cook 3 minutes or until golden.
6. If you prefer to bake the patties: preheat oven to 350F (180C), scoop the 1-2 tablespoons of the batter on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until golden.
7. Serve with yogurt and salad.