Easy Healthy Lemon Bars with delicious shortbread almond flour crust and a zesty light lemon filling!⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ CLICK FOR RECIPE ⬇️⬇️⬇️
These gluten free lemon squares are also naturally sweetened for a perfect healthy spring treat!
For the Crust:
1 3/4 cups almond flour
1 tbsp cornstarch
1/4 cup butter melted
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
For Lemon Filling:
4 large eggs
1 lemon, zest of
1/2 cup lemon juice 3 large lemons
1/2 cup maple syrup
3 tbsp cornstarch
Cooking spray I use Misto
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line square 8 x 8 baking dish with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, add almond flour, 1 tbsp cornstarch, melted butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Stir with spatula until well mixed, transfer to prepared baking dish and flatten with hands and spatula into an even layer. Bake for 15 minutes.
3. In the meanwhile, in a large bowl, add eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, maple syrup and cornstarch. Whisk very well until no white strands.
4. Remove crust from the oven and very carefully pour filling on a side on top (abrupt pouring will lift the crust). Place back in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until firm but still a bit jiggly in the middle.
5. Remove from the oven and let cool on the counter for 30 minutes. Then transfer to the fridge to firm up for another hour.
6. Cut into 9 squares, dust with icing sugar (if you wish) and serve chilled.
📝Healthy meal plans
🛍PRODUCTS USED IN VIDEO (affiliate):
Healthy cooking spray
Unbleached parchment paper
🛍ALWAYS IN MY KITCHEN (affiliate):
Favorite Air Fryer
6 Quart Instant Pot LUX
8 Quart Instant Pot DUO
Sharp Chef’s Knife
4 cup glass measuring cup
Favorite dutch oven
🛍WHAT I’M WEARING:
Fitbit Versa 2
00:20 Making the crust
01:28 Pre-bake lemon bars crust
01:45 Make lemon filling
02:39 Bake healthy lemon bars
03:07 Chill and slice
04:12 Taste test
Hello! My name is Olena Osipov and I create healthy easy recipes on ifoodreal.com. Quick dinners, and a lot of healthy Instant Pot and Air Fryer recipes. I’m a mom to 2 boys and soon-to-be Certified Nutrition Coach and Cornell University Healthy Living program graduate. I grew up in Ukraine on real food. As an adult, I tried many diets without results. Now for over 10 years, I cook quick and easy healthy meals for my family. I can help you with “What’s for dinner?” too. Read more about me
ALL MY RECIPES:
Disclaimer: product links may include affiliate links.
#ifoodreal #lemonbars #healthyrecipe