Juicy Healthy Ground Chicken Burgers with chicken breast just like my Ukrainian grandma used to make. Serve traditionally on a bun or low carb with a healthy salad.⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ CLICK FOR RECIPE ⬇️⬇️⬇️
2 lbs raw boneless and skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cubed
1 large egg
1/2 small onion, cut in chunks
1 garlic clove
1 slice of bread, I use sprouted whole grain
1/2 tsp salt
Ground black pepper, to taste
3 tbsp oil, for frying
12 hamburger buns
Lettuce, tomato, red onion, for toppings
1. In a food processor or high speed blender, add chicken and process until ground. Work in batches and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
2. Return blender to its base, add egg, onion and garlic.
3. Quickly soak bread in water, squeeze well and add to the blender along with salt and pepper. Process until well combined and add to the bowl with ground chicken meat. Using your hands, mix well.
4. Preheat large ceramic non-stick skillet or grill on medium heat and swirl some oil to coat (spray the grill).
5. Form into a ball size of a tennis ball for a burger or somewhere between golf and tennis size for “naked” patty, then flatten.
6. Pan fry or grill for about 4-5 minutes per side (grills vary). It is time to flip when white edges appear and patty is brown on the bottom. Please note that second and third batches will take less time to cook as the skillet (grill) will be hotter.
7. Serve chicken patty hot assembled in a burger or with a side of grain/ salad for low carb meal, “naked” style.
📝Healthy meal plans
🛍PRODUCTS USED IN VIDEO (affiliate):
Kitchenaid small food processor
🛍ALWAYS IN MY KITCHEN (affiliate):
Favorite Air Fryer
6 Quart Instant Pot LUX
8 Quart Instant Pot DUO
Sharp Chef’s Knife
4 cup glass measuring cup
Unbleached parchment paper
Favorite dutch oven
Healthy cooking spray
🛍WHAT I’M WEARING:
Fitbit Versa 2
00:22 Grind chicken breasts
00:42 Grind eggs, onion, garlic and bread
01:41 Make chicken patty mixture
02:11 Toast the buns
02:29 Pan fry patties
03:26 Prep toppings
03:55 Assemble burgers
05:30 Taste test
Hello! My name is Olena Osipov and I create healthy easy recipes on ifoodreal.com. Quick dinners, and a lot of healthy Instant Pot and Air Fryer recipes. I’m a mom to 2 boys and soon-to-be Certified Nutrition Coach and Cornell University Healthy Living program graduate. I grew up in Ukraine on real food. As an adult, I tried many diets without results. Now for over 10 years, I cook quick and easy healthy meals for my family. I can help you with “What’s for dinner?” too. Read more about me
ALL MY RECIPES:
Disclaimer: product links may include affiliate links.
#ifoodreal #chicken #chickenrecipe #bbq #grill