Lightened up Healthy Green Bean Casserole Recipe made with fresh green beans, mushrooms, crispy parmesan topping, and no canned soup. And so easy!⬇️⬇️⬇️ CLICK FOR RECIPE ⬇️⬇️⬇️
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs, regular or whole wheat
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
2 tablespoon garlic, minced
2 tablespoon olive oil, extra virgin
2 lbs green beans, trimmed & cut into 2″ pieces
2 tablespoon butter, for frying
8 oz brown mushrooms, sliced
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon salt, more for cooking beans
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 tablespoon flour, whole wheat, all-purpose or gluten-free
2 1/4 cups 3.5% milk
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1. In a medium bowl, add breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic and olive oil. Stir to combine and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, spray large 9×13 large baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
3. To blanch green beans, bring large pot of water to a boil, add salt, green beans and cook just until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Transfer to an ice bath to stop cooking and set aside.
4. Preheat large skillet on medium heat and add 1 tablespoon butter to melt. Add mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a bowl.
5. Return skillet to the stove, melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter and add onions. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add sauteed mushrooms and sprinkle with thyme, salt, pepper and flour. Stir to combine.
6. Reduce heat to low and add milk in small increments, stirring the filling as it is cooking and thickening. Also add soy sauce. Continue cooking for 5 minutes or until the sauce resembles gravy and has thickened. Drain the green beans.
7. To assemble casserole, add half of the green beans, top with half of the sauce, finishing by spreading remaining green beans and sauce on top. Sprinkle with previously prepared topping.
8. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven, let stand for 10 minutes and serve hot.
🎥CHECK OUT THESE VIDEOS NEXT:
Healthy sweet potato casserole
Bone-in turkey breast
Boneless turkey breast roast
Instant Pot turkey breast
Instant Pot mashed potatoes
Instant Pot sweet potato casserole
🛍PRODUCTS USED IN VIDEO (affiliate):
Sharp Chef’s Knife
Healthy cooking spray
Disclaimer: product links may include affiliate links.
00:15 Slice veggies and grate my fave Parmesan cheese
01:20 Make the topping
01:56 Here is how to blanch green beans
02:39 Make the mushroom onion sauce
04:32 Assemble the casserole and bake
05:31 Thanksgiving spread
SUBSCRIBE to my channel here:
My name is Olena Osipov and I have spent the last 11 years making it my mission for you to cook quick and easy healthy meals for your family. I grew up in Ukraine watching my grandma cook with real food. Now I combine her recipes with a sprinkle of my nutrition education and budget and time-saving skills (as a mom of 2), to help you eat healthy while living a busy life! Read more about me
💚COME SAY HI:
ALL MY RECIPES:
#ifoodreal #healthyrecipes #thanksgivingrecipe #greenbeans #casserole