This healthy apple oatmeal snack cake makes a great breakfast or a post work-out snack. These healthy oatmeal bars are nutritious and packed with good values. This recipe is easy and requires only basic and healthy ingredients.
More healthy oatmeal recipes:
Overnight Oats – 5 ways:
Healthy Oatmeal Porridge:
Oatmeal Bread Recipe:
Banana Oatmeal Pancakes:
1¾ cups (140g) instant oats/quick oats
1¼ cups (155g) whole wheat flour
1½ teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon coconut oil or melted butter
2 large egg whites, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2/3 cup (180g) plain low-fat Greek yogurt
6 tablespoons (90ml) maple syrup
1/2 cup (120ml) milk of your choice
2 apples, finely diced
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease a 9-inch (23cm) square pan with oil.
2. In a bowl, stir oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites, vanilla extract and coconut oil. Add yogurt, maple syrup and milk. Whisk until combined.
4. Add oat mixture to the wet mixture, stir until combined. Add diced apples and stir.
5. Pour the batter into prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly golden and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Let cool before slicing. Cut into squares or bars.
Recipe inspired by:
If you like my videos, please subscribe to my channel for new cooking videos: