Print this recipe here: https://www.dimitrasdishes.com/recipes/couscous-with-greek-salad
1 cup couscous
1 and ¼ cup broth (chicken or vegetable)
½ teaspoon salt
Black pepper to taste
For the salad:
• 1-pint grape tomatoes, halved
• 1 English cucumber, peeled and diced
• Bell pepper, diced
• ¼ of a small red onion, finely chopped
• 5-6 Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
• 4-6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
• 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
• 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
• 1 teaspoon dried crushed oregano
• Optional: cooked chickpeas, beans, avocado slices
For the dressing:
• ¼ cup good olive oil
• 1/8 cup red wine vinegar or fresh lemon juice
• Pinch of salt
• Optional: 1 garlic clove, grated
Prepare the couscous:
• Place the couscous in a large bowl.
• Bring the broth to a boil and pour over the couscous.
• Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
• Cover with a plate and set aside for 5 minutes
Make the salad:
• Chop all the salad vegetables and place in a large mixing bowl. Season lightly with salt.
• Crumble the feta over top and add the dried oregano with the olives and mix well to combine.
• Whisk together the marinade ingredients and pour over the salad. Mix it all together.
Fluff the couscous with a fork and taste. Adjust seasoning if needed.
Place the couscous in a serving plate or bowl. Pour the salad over the top and serve.
This salad is flavorful enough to eat on its own or alongside grilled chicken or fish. Enjoy!
Official Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/dimitrasdishes
Here are links to some of my favorite cooking tools. The links take you to Amazon where I’m proud to be an affiliate partner 🙂
My cutting board: http://amzn.to/2e2p8ED
Kitchen Aid Mixer: http://amzn.to/2dQXU0b
Food Processor: http://amzn.to/2eXcvZd
Madeleine Pan: http://amzn.to/2dQU1sm
Cheesecake Pan: http://amzn.to/2eXaGeQ
Vitamix Blender: http://amzn.to/2eXcvbH
Nonstick pan: http://amzn.to/2eL804t
Cast iron pan: http://amzn.to/2dQYfjs
Pastry Bag: http://amzn.to/2e2v0xD
Half sheet baking pans: http://amzn.to/2fcv7cD
Thanks for watching! I’d love to see your recreations of these dishes so please share pics with me on social media 🙂
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE and spread the word so that we can make the world more delicious!