Garlicky Beetroot Soup, Low calorie and low cholesterol recipe
Reciep Link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Garlicky-Beetroot-Soup-40039r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/
Garlicky Beetroot Soup
This soup is sure to win your heart with its lovely colour, irresistible creaminess and zesty flavour. In fact, the Garlicky Beetroot Soup, despite not using potatoes or cream, is much creamier than you would expect, thanks to the addition of wheat flour. Healthful garlic is a surprise addition to this soup, but blends beautifully with dainty beetroot, which is another interesting reservoir of nutrients. Beetroot helps improves your looks, with better complexion and hair. Betacyanin, the antioxidant in beetroot helps to reduce the cholesterol levels and protect the heart too.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes.
Cooking Time: 19 minutes.
½ tsp garlic (lehsun) paste
2 medium sized beetroot (unpeeled)
1 tsp low-fat butter
1 tbsp whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
¾ cup low-fat milk, 99.7% fat-free
Salt and freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) to taste
1. Combine the beetroot with enough water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
2. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
3. Drain out the excess water and keep aside to cool slightly.
4. Peel the beetroot and roughly chop them.
5. Combine the chopped beetroot with 1 cup of water in a mixer and blend into a smooth mixture. Keep aside.
6. Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the whole wheat flour and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
7. Add the milk, mix well using a whisk and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute or till no lumps remain, while stirring continuously.
8. Add the beetroot mixture, garlic paste, salt, pepper and 1 cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
Nutritive values per serving
Energy: 52 kcal
Protein: 2.6 gm
Carbohydrates: 8.8 gm
Fat: 0.7 gm
Calcium: 68.6 mg