thank you to MorningStar Farms for sponsoring this video!!
Sausage Patties –
Chik’n Nuggets –
RECIPES COMING TO MY BLOG SOON – FOLLOW BELOW FOR NOW!!
BREAKFAST CRUNCHY WRAP
Time: 30 minutes
1 egg, scrambled
2 plant-based sausage patties
3/4 cup prepared hash browns
1/8 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 12-inch tortillas (burrito sized)
1 tostada shell
1. using the tostada (or a 6-inch bowl) as a guide, cut one of the tortillas to create a smaller tortilla. set aside.
2. in a medium-sized skillet, cook the plant-based sausage patties over medium-high heat until browned and crispy. remove from heat and roughly chop.
3. layer the cheese, hash browns, scrambled egg, and sausage patties in the center of the 12-inch tortilla. top with the tostada, then cover with the smaller tortilla.
4. begin folding the tortilla up and over the center, carefully working your way around the wrap. aim to fold as neatly as possible. warning: It may take a few attempts to perfect this technique! don’t get discouraged!!
5. over medium-high heat in a lightly oiled skillet, place the wrap seam-side down and cook each side for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown. plate and enjoy!
6. tip from the chef: top with some avocado, salsa, sour cream, or whatever you like!
CARAMEL APPLE DATE BITES
Time: 2 hours
1/2 granny smith apple, finely chopped
12 pitted dates
1 cup vegan dark chocolate chips, melted
whatever you’d like! pretzel bits, chocolate chips, sprinkles…
1. gently open the date and stuff with apple pieces.
2. dip in melted chocolate.
3. sprinkle with toppings of your choice. (i used chocolate chips!)
4. place on parchment paper and refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving.
5. tip from the chef: throw these in a plastic bag and keep them in the fridge for up to a week, if they last that long!
ASIAN CHIK’N SALAD
Time: 20 minutes
1 persian cucumber
2 green onions
1 head romaine lettuce
4 plant-based chik’n nuggets
1 package instant ramen
3 tbsp. slivered almonds
1 tbsp. sesame oil
2 mandarin oranges
1 tsp. sesame oil
2 tsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. white miso paste
1 tsp. rice vinegar
1 tbsp. honey
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1. to make the miso dressing, combine miso paste, sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey and finely chopped garlic in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. place ramen noodles in a freezer bag and pound with your fist until broken into bite-sized pieces. combine noodle pieces and slivered almonds.
3. add 1 tablespoon sesame oil to a skillet over low heat. add topping mixture and toast 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
4. prepare chik’n nuggets per package instructions and chop into small pieces.
5. Roughly chop the onions, cucumbers, green onions, and romaine.
6. in a large bowl, assemble the salad, adding the lettuce, veggies, mandarin oranges, chik’n nuggets, and crunchy topping. toss with dressing and enjoy!
BROCCOLI AND CHEESE PASTA
Time: 30 minutes
1 head of broccoli
1 lb. rigatoni
1 cup raw cashews
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 cup vegetable broth
1. soak cashews in warm water for 20 minutes until softened.
2. in a blender at low speed, combine cashews, nutritional yeast, and seasonings. add additional salt to taste.
3. slowly stream in the vegetable broth and increase the speed. pause as needed to stir the mixture, scraping the sides of the blender to combine. continue blending until thick and creamy.
4. chop broccoli into bite-sized pieces and steam until tender. set aside.
5. cook the rigatoni at a rolling boil until al dente and drain.
6. pour sauce over pasta, top with broccoli and stir. serve with a sprinkle of nutritional yeast and red pepper flakes.
FOLLOW ME HERE!!