This is the easiest non-recipe ever. You can use as many or as few figs as you want, and all more or less water depending on how thick or runny you want your jam to be. There is absolutely no measuring required and it turns out delicious every time!
– dried figs
– filtered water (enough to just barely cover figs in the pot)
– lime or lemon juice
– rinse you figs and trim off the woody ends
– add to pot and just barely cover with water
– bring to a rolling boil, then simmer for about 10 minutes or until figs have swelled up and are super tender and easily pierced with the edge of a sharp knife
– remove from heat and let cool for a bit
– use an immersion blender (you could also use a food processor) to thoroughly blend everything until it is a uniform paste
– mix in some freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice
– refrigerate and enjoy!
Fig jam is easy-peasy and sophreakingood!