Get ready for Back to School or work with these easy vegan lunch ideas! These healthy vegan lunch recipes are all meal-prep friendly, budget-friendly, gluten-free, packable and great on-the-go! Perfect recipes for beginner vegans and students.
CHECK OUT MY ENTIRE LUNCH RECIPES PLAYLIST HERE! ➡️
1. Herby Cream ‘Cheese’ Sandwich
For the Cream Cheese
– 1 block extra firm tofu, patted dry
– ½ cashews soaked overnight or in boiling water for 30 minutes
– 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
– 2 tsp garlic powder
– ½ tsp each sea salt and pepper
– 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
– 2 tbsp plant milk
– 1 tsp maple syrup
– ⅓ cup each fresh chopped dill, parsley, basil
1. Into the bowl a food processor crumble the tofu into large chunks. Add all the remaining ingredients except the fresh herbs and pulse a few times, then blend on high for 1 to 2 minutes until it’s a thick, smooth texture. You may need to stop to scrape down the sides once or twice.
2. Add the chopped herbs and blend once more until they are just combined. You don’t need to pulverize them, leaving some nice herby bits is key!
3. Make your sandwich: Generously spread the cream ‘cheese’ on both pieces of bread and add your favourite sliced veggies (I used avocado, bell pepper, zucchini and arugula). Slice and enjoy right away or pack in your lunch box for work or school.
Optional serving suggestions: Sliced carrots, celery, bell pepper and hummus.
2. Chickpea Ranch Potato Salad
– 3 lbs. russet potatoes, washed, peeled and cubed
– 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
– 3 tbsp ranch powder (see full recipe here ➡️
– 1 tbsp dijon mustard
– ⅔ cup vegan mayo
– 5 tbsp vegan sour cream
– ¼ cup sweet green relish
– 2 tsp lemon juice
– ½ cup finely minced white onion
– 1 to 2 tbsp plant milk to thin dressing as needed
1. Add the chopped peeled potatoes to a large stockpot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook on medium-high heat until fork tender, about 10 to 12 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water and set aside to continue cooling in a large serving bowl.
2. Make the dressing: In a medium sized bowl add the mayo, sour cream, dijon mustard, relish, lemon juice and ranch powder and mix until well combined.
3. To the potatoes add the chickpeas, chopped onion and ranch dressing and stir gently until the sauce is well combined. Cover the bowl with a lid or plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour or preferably overnight. Keeps well in the fridge for 5 days.
Optional serving suggestions: Bean chips and fresh orange slices (or other fruit you like)
3. Zesty Black Bean Wraps
– Recipe for the Zesty Black Bean Mash on my blog:
– To make the wraps: Add a few spoonfuls of the black bean mash to a whole wheat or gluten-free tortilla and add a handful of leafy greens (I used arugula) and sliced tomatoes or red bell peppers (or any other veggie you like). Fold the tortilla into a wrap and enjoy right away or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Optional serving suggestions: Tortilla chips and Pico de Gallo (recipe for Pico here ➡️ )