Easy Salad Recipes: How To Make A Steak Salad
Nikki Shaw for the Kraft Kitchens shows how to make a quick & easy grilled steak salad. Grilled steak, yellow peppers, romaine lettuce, sliced tomatoes and crumbled cheese. Quick, easy and delicious!
5 cups torn romaine lettuce
2 small plum tomatoes, sliced
1 yellow pepper, halved, grilled and cut into strips
1 lb. beef flank steak, grilled, sliced
1/2 cup KRAFT Natural 2% Milk Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese Crumbles
1/2 cup KRAFT Light Zesty Italian Dressing
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 25 min
Servings: 4 servings
1. Cover 4 salad plates with lettuce.
2. Top with tomatoes, peppers, meat and cheese.
3. Drizzle with dressing just before serving.
– How to Grill the Yellow Pepper: Cut pepper lengthwise in half. Brush lightly with small amount of the Italian dressing. Add to grill along with the steak. Grill 6 to 8 min. or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally. Cut into strips, then use as directed.
– How to Slice Steak for Tenderness: The key to tender delicious flank steak is in the slicing! Using a sharp knife, cut the cooked steak across the grain into thin strips.
– Serve with 2 toasted 1/2-inch-thick slices multi-grain baguette.