Happy new year!
After over-indulging on mince pies, gingerbread men, Christmas cake and other festive treats, I have been craving light, fresh and healthy recipes.
But one thing I am never sick of is potatoes.
This salad includes spicy roasted baby potatoes with crunchy raw red peppers, carrots and cucumber, plus lots of leafy greens, fresh coriander, spring onions, chopped cashews and a delicious vinaigrette made with mango chutney. Can’t get enough of these flavours and textures.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500 g baby potatoes, halved
- A large pinch of salt
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- 1/2 medium cucumber, halved lengthways and thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, sliced into ribbons
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 80 g watercress, spinach and rocket leaves, washed
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 40 g raw cashews, chopped
- A large handful of fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
For the vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 220C. Add oil to a large roasting tin and put in the oven for about 15 minutes, to get really hot. Add the potatoes and carefully toss to coat in the oil, adding the salt and curry powder. Roast for 25 minutes until golden. Allow to cool completely.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to a large salad bowl, along with the cooled potatoes.
- Make the vinaigrette by whisking all the ingredients together in a small jug. When you’re ready to serve, pour the dressing on top of the salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Alternatively, you can air-fry the potatoes for 20 minutes on a high temperature, for a lower fat option.
Serving Size 1 bowl
Amount Per Serving
Calories 149 Total Fat 6.7g Saturated Fat 1.1g Trans Fat 0g Carbohydrates 21.1g Fiber 2g Sugar 4.9g Protein 3g
The post Crunchy Potato Salad with Mango Chutney Vinaigrette appeared first on Wallflower Kitchen.