A simple, quick, and delicious recipe for creamy potato soup that can be prepared in one pot! The combination of smoky bacon and creamy potatoes will be loved by the whole family. This potato soup is made quickly and with simple ingredients. If you want to make it less fatty or vegetarian, follow our tips in the recipe.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Calories: 65 kCal
• water – 4¼ cups / 1 liter
• potatoes – 1,8 lbs / 800 g
• bacon – 7 oz / 200 g
• milk – 1 cup / 250 ml
• onion – 3 oz / 100 g
• carrot – 3 oz / 100 g
• garlic – 2 cloves
• all purpose flour – 2 tsp
• cooking oil – 1 tbsp
• dried oregano – 1/2 tsp
• ground black pepper – to taste
• salt – to taste
✔︎ You will need:
• cutting board
• potato masher
1. Cut the potatoes into 1-1.5 cm cubes, rinse them several times in cold water.
2. Finely chop the onion and carrots, mince the garlic, and cut the bacon into 1 cm cubes.
3. Heat a stockpot over medium heat, add 1 tbsp of cooking oil, onion, and fry for 3 minutes over medium heat. Add the carrots and cook together for 1 minute, then add the bacon and fry for 2 minutes.
4. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, then add the flour, mix well, and fry for 1 minute.
5. Add the milk, the potatoes, water, salt to taste, oregano, and ground black pepper. Stir, bring to a boil, and cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
6. Turn off the heat and mash the potatoes with a potato masher.
7. Serve the potato soup hot, sprinkled with herbs.
1. You can add butter for a creamier taste.
2. Milk can be replaced with cream.
3. Water can be replaced with broth.
4. Use your favorite spices according to taste.
5. Bacon can be replaced with any smoked meat, ham, or sausage.
6. To make a lower-calorie version of the soup, use low-calorie milk and replace bacon with smoked chicken.
7. For a vegetarian recipe, omit the bacon and replace the milk with plant-based milk. .